Screen reader auto asks for permission on rotation

alifaxor

I've had this issue with my Google Pixel 6 pro since I've gotten the phone, but only posting now since maybe other people have this same issue.

Every time I auto rotate my screen (particularly when I'm watching YouTube videos) pleco will automatically ask me to give permissions to screen share, kicking me off the YouTube app and making it quite inconvenient. Then when I try to use the screen share later on back in landscape mode, I get asked the question twice, the OCR failure message will pop up, and I need to press it again for it to work properly.

Not sure what's going on, but happy to provide more details to get this problem resolved. Sample attached when I just rotated my screen to watch a YouTube video after already giving it permissions about 10 minutes ago in landscape mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240722-165532.png
    Screenshot_20240722-165532.png
    464.3 KB · Views: 28

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

In that version, on newer versions of Android (= ones have this issue with constantly nagging you for screen recording permission), we've switched to using the accessibility framework instead of screen recording to take screenshots, so hopefully it should work more reliably. (let us know if it doesn't and we can investigate further)