save entries directly to bookmark set?

Chin

举人
Is there a way to save entries directly to a bookmark set instead of having to manually map the entry to a specific bookmark set?

For instance, I look up a word, bookmark it and then map the word to a bookmark set. I continue reading my article but for every unknown word I have to manually (and tediously) map the word that I pressed the bookmark + sign for to a bookmark set. I would like to set up a bookmark set (or category) and then just have all entries that I press the bookmark sign go directly to that set. How do I do this?

Shun

状元
Hi Chin,

yes, you can create a flashcard category (similar to a bookmark set), then tap-hold the “+” button once and select the flashcard category you have created. After that, when you tap the “+” button, all cards will go to the selected category until you tap-hold the button again and select another category.

Cheers, Shun

Chin

举人
I don't have a Flashcard option for Pleco on my iPad. I don't see it anywhere. And the category that I'd like for the words is not listed when I press and hold the "+" button.

But I do think I see a potential issue though. What I wish to save the words to is actually a sub-category. All the bookmark categories are listed, but the sub-categories are not. How can I fix this please?

Shun

状元
I understand. There is a good introduction to Pleco’s flashcard system and all the other parts of the app, it’s a short read:

http://iphone.pleco.com/manual/30200/

Perhaps you have to go into Organize Flashcards and create a category there, or you have to enable Settings / Flashcards / Multi-level cat prompt.

Edit: I see your second paragraph only now. Indeed, enabling Settings / Flashcards / Multi-level cat prompt will do exactly that.

Last edited:

Chin

举人
I don't have Flashcards on my Pleco. It's only the basic version. I believe Flashcard is paid, correct?

There is no method for this in the free version?

Shun

状元
Hm, funny that you have the “+” button then. Since I'm unfamiliar with the free version, someone else will have to assist you here. I certainly recommend getting the paid flashcard package, in any case. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Turn on “multi-level cat prompt” in Settings / Bookmarks; that should give you the behavior you want.