regaining flashcard stock

naminori

举人
I had bought 5.000 flashcards - and added another 1.149 for a total of 6.149. And I checked them all once in 100 cards a time sessions, with a repetition of the errors at the end of each session. . - But then - not at card 6.149 but at card 5.194 - the system considered in a inexplicable way that my stock of cards is now exhausted.!

When trying to start a new session now I was advised that there were No Cards Found. I got informed that I had not created any flashcards yet. Though if I "had already created flashcards" and was "still seeing this message" I should "tap on "Manage Profiles", tap on my current profile and tap "Reset Settings" <the real name is "Reset Profile Settings - nn> and "Simple" to reset" my "test settings to their default values (with which all cards will be shown)".

I found it quite tricky to do this - and after a felt amount of two or three hours with stops and goes and trial and errors invested I am now landed again a my flashcard stock. But of course now ,with default settings. And all the quite troublesome customizing that I had managed to apply in mid-may with Mike's and Shun's support . according to https://www.plecoforums.com/threads/flashcard-tests.6731/#post-49614 - will now to be set up again from square one. - I have tried to reestablish them but I am not yet sure I really succeeded.

I wonder where this limit to my card stock to just the number of 5.194 came from. Could it not be possible to be able to run through ones stock continuously or at least to restart it with upholding the personal settings arranged for it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This doesn't sound like an issue with the flashcard test algorithm but rather with the flashcard database file randomly disappearing or being deleted somehow - did the cards disappear from Organize at the same time that it stopped offering them to review?

Where did you install Pleco from? Did you install an update to it recently? If so, when you installed the update, was there any kind of a warning about different certificates or about data being deleted?

naminori

举人
I had installed Pleco in May from Google Play Store. I think there was an update somewhat in June or July. But no notice about any update since then.

I checked the the purchased 5.000 flashcards + the newly created 1.154 <not 1.194 as I wrote earlier> cards in sessions of 100 cards each. And I recorded the Statistics after each session. And the Statistics had a countdown from my combined stock. -

On Sep 26 Statistics indicated -

Total Cards: 6.154

Score Ranges

With the last two numbers adding up to exactly the number of Total Cards above. Which obviously meant that I had checked 5.947 cards and that there were 207 cards unchecked.

On Sunday Sep 26 Statistics indicated -

Average Score: 389

Total Repetitions: 6.116

Score Ranges

101-400: 5.947

0-100: 207

With the last two numbers adding up to exactly the number of Total Cards above. Which obviously meant that I had checked 5.947 cards and that there were 207 cards unchecked.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

On Monday Sep 27 I had just checked 37 Cards - 33 right and 4 wrong. - And I was told that there were no Flashcards available any more and

Statistics indicated -

Total Cards: 6.154 - as before

Average Score: 391

Total Repetitions: 6.152

Score Ranges

101-400: 5.980

0-100: 174

With the last two numbers adding up to exactly the number of Total Cards above. Which obviously meant that I had checked 5.980 cards and that there were 174 cards unchecked. - The two numbers again adding up to the number of Total Cards.

For the rest please see above.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

After having reset Flashcards - with considerable difficulties - to Default and having tried to reestablish my personal settings I got access the stock again. - And after having checked just 1 card for a test - Statistics now indicates -

Average Score: 114 - i.e. default

Total Repetitions: 298

Score Ranges

0-100: 5.982
101-400: 114
401-800: 36
801-1600: 15
1601-3200: 7

And I do not know what it all means.

Regards

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In that case I'm wondering whether you'd simply run out of cards to study, e.g. because you had a card filter set up to exclude cards that had been reviewed at least once. (the fact that total repetitions were almost exactly equal to total cards supports this theory) In which case the reset would have more-or-less accomplished what you wanted, namely, setting things up so that you can go through them all again.

If you start reviewing cards now do you generally find that you're presented with different cards each time and that the number of cards in the 101-400 range increases steadily again?

naminori

举人
In that case I'm wondering whether you'd simply run out of cards to study
Absolutely. I was fully aware of this. Although there seemed to be in the end still 174 cards unchecked.
In which case the reset would have more-or-less accomplished what you wanted
Reset is the magic word. - If only I had known how to do this. - Could you please tell me?
In which case the reset would have more-or-less accomplished what you wanted
I unfortunately do not understand this question. I have so far only checked five cards by now. I check the statistics only at the end of 100 cards of a session. And I wonder while previously I had only two range groups and now there are four.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Reset is the magic word. - If only I had known how to do this. - Could you please tell me?

What you did should be fine. Another way to do it would just be to go into Organize Cards, Edit, Batch, Reset all card statistics.

naminori

举人
Thank you, Mike, for your great advice.

I had not even noticed in Organize Cards the options for EDIT in the top bar and then for BATCH in the low bar.
After choosing Reset all card statistics I got now

Total Cards: 6.155 - I may have added one in the meantime.
Average Score: 100
Average Ease<iness>: 100 - <the terme Average Ease could be snappier than Average Easiness>
Score Ranges: 6.155

And, after checking just three cards - with two right and one wrong <for definition> - I see already in the Statistics -

1632930237991.png

This looks now great and perfect - and better than anything that I had before.

So. - For the time being, this is very much like thumb up or "Mission Accomplished".

Thanks again.

naminori