Recover My Flashcard

gianlfal

Hi lost my P9, and I just realized that in last year I ve never done Pleco Backup. Does anyone know if I can recover my Flashcard without the phone but with my google account? Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Generally no - we do support Google's cloud backup system for files but it's flaky at best and if it doesn't recover your files automatically when you set up your new phone then it probably won't.

捞什子

秀才
My iPhone 7 died for good out of the blue today. The guys at the Apple store can't get it to turn on. Until now, I had been semi-regularly backing up my flashcard database within the app, but I think it's been a good while since I synced it with the desktop iTunes client or anything like that. Never used iCloud backup either...

Where does this leave me in terms of trying to recover my flashcard database? Can't remember if Pleco user data is supposed to sync through iTunes or not.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It does get backed up to iTunes if you're backing up to iTunes instead of the cloud, yes - when you restore your backup from wherever you made it, you should get Pleco back with your flashcards (and backups) intact.

捞什子

秀才
Good to know Mike. Although for the life of me I can't remember the last time I did that manually. Lesson learned.