Reader: zoomed PDF text resets to default size when switching out of app

etm001

状元
Hi,

I create/read PDFs in Pleco reader, and I pinch-drag to expand the text to fill as much of the screen as possible. When I notice an error in the PDF text, I use the iOS app switcher to switch to my note keeping app, create a note to myself to fix the error, then switch back to Pleco. I noticed that when I switch back, the PDF is un-zoomed and back to the default display size. I'm fairly sure that this did not happen in earlier versions of Pleco/iOS. It's annoying to have to re-zoom the text every time I switch away from Pleco then return to it. This is on an iPad Air 2, latest iOS/Pleco, landscape orientation.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - I believe it's fixed by the latest version of our PDF library but it'll be a little while yet before we integrate it into Pleco since it requires iOS 8 (we're doing at least one more bug fix update before we drop support for 7, I think). We'll see if we can come up with a backported fix in the meantime.

dcarpent

榜眼
I've seen a similar problem, which only started happening recently (since the last update?). When I'm reading a regular text file in the Reader and leave to do something else, when I come back to the text in Reader the file has reset to the beginning, losing my place and forcing me to scroll though the text again to find where I left off. I've only noticed this recently. I did not happen before. I've definitely seen this behavior several times recently, though when I tried to recreate it just now it didn't happen, so I'm not sure exactly what triggers it. If I can determine exactly what sequence of events triggers the page reset I'll let you know.

etm001

状元
Fixed (we think) in the 3.2.9 update we just submitted to Apple.

In regards to the issue I reported (the first post in the thread, zoom level resetting), the issue still exists. You did note the fix might not come for a few months, but then also noted that you might try a back ported fix; I wasn't sure if you tried a back ported fix or not. Regardless I won't report this again since I know a long-term fix will come eventually.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, I got this mixed up with another PDF bug report - we fixed the garbled character bug in 3.2.9 with a back ported fix but not this one unfortunately, that will in fact have to wait for the update when we drop iOS 7 support.