Reader: selected word not indicated as an existing flashcard

etm001

状元
Hi,

I highlighted two words in reader that I was fairly certain were already flashcards, but reader do not indicate that they were (the + button did not change). I performed a flashcard search and verified that both words was in fact in my flashcard database. I'm not sure what additional information is needed to troubleshoot this?

Shun

状元
I had the same problem once, then found out that my flashcards didn't include both Simplified and Traditional characters. When you tap on a word in the Reader, Pleco reads both Simplified and Traditional from the dictionary (if the dictionary includes them), then compares them to the word in Flashcards; for the + button to change, the Simplified and Traditional character, and pinyin all have to match.

HW60

状元
I regularly create a user dictionary made of flashcards: export all flashcards to a .txt file, create an empty user dictionary, import the exported file and put this user dictionary on top of all dictionaries. When the reader finds a word in the user dictionary, it is a flashcard. Creating a user dictionary takes only seconds; only importing to a user dictionary takes about 2 minutes/1000 flashcards on my HTC One X.