Reader Icon

ckatt

状元
Is there a way of setting the reader launching icon to take me to the file reader rather than the clip board reader? I use the clipboard monitor to auto open the reader so I only need the icon when I want to read a book.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, if you create it from within Pleco (Settings / Miscellaneous / Launchers) you'll have the option to make it a file or a clipboard reader launcher.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
To be honest, since creating launcher icons in-app doesn't work reliably on newer versions of Android we're not planning to do much to expand that screen further, but you can add an icon for that and one for toggling the clipboard monitor by going through your home screen's UI for creating shortcuts. We also let you add it to the settings tile list on newer versions of Android (and to the list of app icon shortcuts on very new versions).

Bvo

探花
you can add an icon for that and one for toggling the clipboard monitor by going through your home screen's UI for creating shortcuts
I found Pleco widget wih the option - do you mean this or something else?
I have Android 5.0.2.

PS: the widget works, but it just turns on the OCR. I need that nice floating button for toggling Screen OCR :) Is there a way? As I can see it's possible only through the app main menu...

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There should also be a widget for toggling screen reader - is there? (not actually a widget, just a shortcut, but some launchers conflate the two)

Reactions: Bvo