Radical Dictionary & Flashcards - iOS/Android tested

Discussion in 'Flashcard Exchange' started by ldolse, Nov 21, 2007.

1. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

I have the flashcard add-on. I am on an iPhone 6

2. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

3. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

Sorry to trouble you again Mike. I do have the document reader and I can view a file downloaded from the original post, i.e. the .txt file. I cannot import it as the encoding is wrong. Probably wasn't a good idea to download the file appearing under the Android instructions list but I assumed a txt file would be a txt file in iOS and would work equally well. Ideally I would like to have the radicals within the flashcard function rather than as a document. Still not there I'm afraid.

4. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

Actually, the file download link appearing under the Android instructions is probably irrelevant, it was the right file for the document viewer but I guess I need the .txt.zip file if I want to import flashcards, is that correct? If so where can I find it?

5. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

The text file should work too; it's in UTF-8, is that the encoding you're picking? How are you determining that the "encoding is wrong"?

6. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

The file I have available to import is radicals-120605.txt. If I import it I see the Encoding Check screen and about 10% of the characters I see are question mark in a box. If I proceed then try to use the imported file it is not available in the categories screen.

7. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

The question marks are normal, internal format flags. It wouldn't be categorized, by default - do you see the items in "Uncategorized"?

8. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

No, I try to start a test using Uncategorized but I get a pop up saying No Cards Found

9. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

Actually, I have no cards now. If I try a test using Level 1 of the HSK import that Pleco makes available if you don't have any cards of your own that no longer works either.
    Update
    I reinstalled Pleco so I have tests using the pre made cards available again but the radicals txt is no longer within Pleco.

10. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

If you import it again does it work now?

11. DimpleHaig

DimpleHaig Member

Yes, it does. Thank you

12. Bvo

Bvo Member

Hello,
    is it possible to sort the flashcards by rank?