Question about Flashcards and sound in 2.0

daniel123

榜眼
I have read that the new 2.0 has sound capabilties combined with flashcards. I am very curious if that means that words or sentences could be automaticaly heard when you look for the answer of each entry. Does this also include pronounciation of flashcards entries that are self imported or just words that have been added from the dictionary?

I have some experiences with Han Trainer Pro a German desktop flashcard learning software. From my experience the automatically pronounced words is really a fantastic feature for learning new words. For keeping new words in mind it is very good to learn by different input channels (looking and listening). Often at first I cannot remember a word but I hear its sound in my mind and than I can remember it. Without sound it takes much longer to learn.

The problem with Han Trainer Pro is that you couldn't use your own lists and the standard vocabularies after about the half become more and more special not general words for my usecases. I looked for other flashcard training software but I couldn't find any software with good sound support solutions for my own words. As I understand Pleco has recorded a sound file including about 30.000 words. If this could be used as I hope Pleco will be the only flashcard solution with this "killer" feature. This could be also a great argument for the desktop preview version because such a flashcard software is AFAIK missing til now. Please make it possible.

THX

Daniel

ipsi

状元
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll give some examples:

You have a flashcard for 你, which has the character, pinyin (ni3) and definition (you).

Regardless of whether that definition is from an imported list or a dictionary, you will get the option to listen to the Audio. However, you'll only get it for the headword (in this case, 你), not for anything in the definiton. If you have a multi-syllable word (e.g. 大家), it will play the word if it has it, and if not will play the two individual syllables.

So yeah. I'm not sure exactly how B4 will work it, but you should be able to listen to the audio for all of your flashcards whenever you see them (though I'm sure you'll be able to configure it).

Does that hel

tianli

举人
ipsi, quick run outside and listen ...can you hear someone squealing "yippee" ...thats me!

...can I ask if tones are audible ...oh God, I think you better run outside again!!!