Problems importing MM Lexicon deck into flashcards

Hello, I purchased the Military Mandarin Lexicon deck add-on and when I try to import it into a flash card deck it says, "the import did not complete successfully." I hope someone can help because I do not see much in the flashcard instructions, and am very sad. Thank you

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion, but MM Lexicon is a dictionary, not a flashcard deck - you install it in Pleco so you can look up military-related Chinese words.

If you no longer want that add-on, DM or email us your purchase details and we can refund your purchase.

Sorry for the confusion, but MM Lexicon is a dictionary, not a flashcard deck - you install it in Pleco so you can look up military-related Chinese words.

If you no longer want that add-on, DM or email us your purchase details and we can refund your purchase.
Thank you. I can slowly start making flashcards based on the words, but is there an easier way to access to dictionary. The MM-Lexicon says to look up military related terms, but is there a way to have all of them visible so that I can start to work my way through them?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, Settings / Manage Dictionaries - click on the dictionary and then click Browse.

But it’s a pretty big dictionary and not something I’d really recommend trying to learn every entry from - you’re going to spend a LOT of time memorizing the home cities of various numbered units only to find that by the time you’re done they’ve reorganized everything and your information is out of date.

If you’d like to start learning military vocabulary I would recommend instead that you find some interesting Chinese military texts and start reading through them with our document reader (or our free Clipboard Reader, which is perfectly adequate for reading article-length pieces at least), adding new words you encounter along the way to your flashcard deck. You’ll get a much better sense of how people write about military matters in Chinese that way, and you’ll learn words much better if you’re learning them in context rather than by abstractly cramming them.

Yes, Settings / Manage Dictionaries - click on the dictionary and then click Browse.

But it’s a pretty big dictionary and not something I’d really recommend trying to learn every entry from - you’re going to spend a LOT of time memorizing the home cities of various numbered units only to find that by the time you’re done they’ve reorganized everything and your information is out of date.

If you’d like to start learning military vocabulary I would recommend instead that you find some interesting Chinese military texts and start reading through them with our document reader (or our free Clipboard Reader, which is perfectly adequate for reading article-length pieces at least), adding new words you encounter along the way to your flashcard deck. You’ll get a much better sense of how people write about military matters in Chinese that way, and you’ll learn words much better if you’re learning them in context rather than by abstractly cramming them.

I see, and that makes a lot of sense. The dictionary does give some starting ideas; however, at the end of its description, it states "look here," and I presume a hyperlink is supposed to be in that spot. It may just not be working on the mobile section, but I will take your advice. It far exceeds what I was hoping to gather from creating this thread.