Problem with flashcard import

Hi there,

my phone stopped working so I had to reinstall everything - including Pleco. Now I wanted to import my old flashcard xml-file (February 2014) and although it says "import successful" no cards have been imported at all. The file can be found here, my Pleco version is 3.2.12.

Thanks a lot for your help.

-edit- The "Encoding Check" doesn't show any characters, if that's any help.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The fact that the "encoding check" screen is coming up means that it's interpreting this as a text instead of an XML file - does it have the file extension .xml within the Android file picker? What model of device do you have, what version of Android is it running, and which file sharing service (if any) are you

Yes, it does have file extension .xml, I am using a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact running Android 4.4.4. The last question about what file sharing I am I don't get.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Where are you opening the file from? Is it stored on your internal storage, SD card, or on a service like Google Drive?

If it's one of the first two, pick the blue "Local Storage" or "SD Card" option in the Open From menu in the file picker and choose the file from there - does it show up with the correct filename under "Choose File"?

I have tried both, same result. And yes, the filename is correct (see attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-04-15-11-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-04-15-11-37.png
    75 KB · Views: 400

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In that case this sounds like a bug - we'll fix it in our next update. In the meantime if you PM or email me the XML file I can import it into a clean Pleco flashcard database for you here so that you can get at it via "Restore Database."