Pricing bug?

Hi mike,

I'm in Taiwan and was excited to buy the pro bundle but the prices came up as euros with the same dollar amount as the usd amount.
Your pricing page only lists prices in usd, so i wanted to know if this is a bug.
If not, those of us who have to pay in euros are being hit for an extra 40% after conversion.

Mike

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's done entirely by Apple's system, but their Euro prices are actually supposed to be a good bit lower number-wise than the USD ones (and show up that way in their pricing management system) so I'm not sure why it would come up like that. If you tap on the Buy button, Apple's system will show you a popup alert listing the item name / price and asking you to confirm the purchase; if you do that (and then cancel, of course) is the price in that screen similarly inflated?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... not exactly sure what to suggest, then; maybe try signing up for / using a different country's app store? I think you'd need to create a different account for that, but it should be doable, at least if you pay with a separately-purchased gift card - you can Google around for more info on that.

Hi mike,

Update: I ended up downloading the trial. After that, when I went to buy the bundle the price came up in USD. I just got my credit card bill and I was billed in USD. I'm now a happy camper, though you might want to tip off Apple about this weird behavior.

Other than that, the program is great, thanks!

Mike

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Great! Apple generally doesn't respond to bug reports without clear reproduction instructions, but we'll try to get it to happen here and write them if we can - thanks!

chinebee

Hi Mike, I live in Beijing and encountered the same problem when I wanted to download the pleco bundle. All the prices were listed in Euros and the Euros had the same value as the US dollars listed on this site. Best, Christine

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Was this true in the add-ons purchase screen inside of Pleco as well as in the price list on iTunes?