Plecodict and the Internet

Wan

榜眼
Hi forums,

I'm not using Android yet and I'm not sure about Plecodict's behaviour concerning the Internet. I know, on starting Pleco the first time, it will look for files on the pleco server and at some point I need to handle all the registration stuff as well. But once Pleco is set up correctly, everything is registered, all the dictionary files are on my phone: Will Pleco still connect to the internet on start? Because I don't intend to get a data flat rate for my phone and a regular search for updates or confirm of registration would probably prove to be rather costly.

Thanks for your time

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Wan said:
Hi forums,

I'm not using Android yet and I'm not sure about Plecodict's behaviour concerning the Internet. I know, on starting Pleco the first time, it will look for files on the pleco server and at some point I need to handle all the registration stuff as well. But once Pleco is set up correctly, everything is registered, all the dictionary files are on my phone: Will Pleco still connect to the internet on start? Because I don't intend to get a data flat rate for my phone and a regular search for updates or confirm of registration would probably prove to be rather costly.

Thanks for your time

At the moment, no, it doesn't connect to the internet on startup at all unless it's missing the set of data files it downloads on first run. We may eventually add an automatic period "check for updates," but we have a lot of customers in your situation, so we'd make it optional if we did add one.