Pleco Screen Reader doesn't capture the content in a scrollable article

Rozz

I'm currently facing this problem where Pleco's screen reader doesn't grab a hold of the contents within a scrollable page. Or rather, the contents of the scrollable page go behind another page (which is the news headline) such that I'm unable to press the Chinese characters I want translated.

Below is a screenshot featuring several boxes of texts. The outer-most box features big Chinese characters which are the news headline. The other boxes are behind which are the contents of the news.
Screenshot_2024-01-10-11-05-51-214_org.immersiveL.firefox.jpg

This is what I want to have:
1. I want to bring the news content boxes forward and have the headlines move backwards.

OR/AND

2. I want to get rid of the news headline always being scanned by the screen reader in a scrollable page.

Are there solutions to achieve the two above outcomes, if any?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This relates to the underlying app not reporting the locations of visible content on the screen correctly; at the moment, the best way to get this to work well would be to use Screen OCR instead. Or if you long press on one of the boxes in the background, you should see an option to view that text in the separate Pleco reader.

We're considering adding an option for a future update to extract text from all of the boxes on the screen and display it in a scrollable window, rather than attempting to position it accurately.