Pleco in electronic reader

Miguel

状元
Hi, Mike.
I managed to install Pleco 2 in my Sony PRS T1 (Android 2.2). But not I am thinking about getting an Onyx Boox reader running Android 4.2 and I would like to know if I could use Pleco 3 with it, because in the Google Playstore I just see that depends on the device. How about Pleco 4? Do you know already which Android version will be compatible with it?
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I wouldn't get Pleco for any e-ink screen device, honestly - it theoretically should work as long as the device is running a compatible version of Android but we don't design / test around e-ink and you may find some parts of Pleco are annoyingly difficult to use.

4.0 Android system requirements are TBD but there's a pretty strong likelihood it will require Android 5.0 or later.

Miguel

状元
Hi, Mike.
I just use the file reader and for that it works fairly well (better than using any other e-ink designed reading app with their dictionary). I just miss a couple of options from Pleco 3 like paginating text. And the dictionary is not that bad either. :)

Miguel

状元
I've been using Pleco 3 in my Onyx reader for a few days and even though Pleco is not designed for e-ink readers it is my favorite app for reading in Chinese. Your dictionary is the best and it is very convenient just to tap o a word and see the meaning right there.
A suggestion for the reader would be to include a 'search text' option. Very useful when reading a very long text or book and you need to go back and forward or find parts that you've read before.

j3w1

Hi, I am planning to buy the Hisense A5, Miguel can you please tell if the OCR screen notification button works on the Onyx reader?