Pleco for Android Beta 6 Bug Report Thread

Alexis

状元
There seems to be a bug when using the "Last Correct" search parameter in the flashcard search. Searching for both 'Y' and 'N' return the same results.

I was hoping to use it to get a list of flashcards that I last got wrong.

Supaiku

举人
Minor things that's largely aesthetic, but when you use the popup dictionary on the main dictionary page (to look up a word that's in the definition of another word :p - god I love you guys), the dictionary selection button (on the left) is in a black bar with rounded corners, but when you press on it to select a new dictionary it flashes orange - nice, except the orange box is a gigantic square that's totally the wrong size and looks really bad:)
Still works fine though!:)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
There seems to be a bug when using the "Last Correct" search parameter in the flashcard search. Searching for both 'Y' and 'N' return the same results.

I was hoping to use it to get a list of flashcards that I last got wrong.

Quite right, we'll fix it for the imminently-available Beta 7 - thanks, this is exactly the reason why we have beta tests :)

Supaiku said:
Minor things that's largely aesthetic, but when you use the popup dictionary on the main dictionary page (to look up a word that's in the definition of another word - god I love you guys), the dictionary selection button (on the left) is in a black bar with rounded corners, but when you press on it to select a new dictionary it flashes orange - nice, except the orange box is a gigantic square that's totally the wrong size and looks really bad:)
Still works fine though!:)

Yeah, that's because the tappable area for that button is extra large to make it easy to hit - fixable but possibly not until a later release since it's actually surprisingly tricky. Thanks.

egrebnev

I have downloaded the trial ABC dictionary. When I use Reader and select a word from ABC, a pop-up window appears that says that the dictionary is not activated. When I click on the link within the popup (To disable demo dictinary searches, tap on _this link_), Pleco always crashes.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
egrebnev said:
I have downloaded the trial ABC dictionary. When I use Reader and select a word from ABC, a pop-up window appears that says that the dictionary is not activated. When I click on the link within the popup (To disable demo dictinary searches, tap on _this link_), Pleco always crashes.

Very good catch, thank you! Also will be fixed for Beta 7.

eemeli

eemeli said:
In beta 6 the OCR behaves exactly as in beta 5 on my Huawei Ideos X5. It works with "always landscape" and "always 180 degrees", but doesn't when using other options. Here's the description: http://www.plecoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2930&start=45#p24132

Also, the OCR doesn't seem to recognize some vulgar characters like 屄 and 肏 although they can be input by drawing.

Still another bug: When installing everything from scratch, I didn't get "Audio Pronunciation (Male)" or "Audio Pronunciation (Female)" when Pleco started downloading add-ons even though it downloaded the extended audio files.

Sorry to bump a year old thread, but I just want to tell any unfortunate Huawei Ideox X5 (U8800) owner browsing the forums a possible way to solve the problem. Indeed, the OCR problems relate to poorly coded Huawei drivers. After installing an unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich rom according to the instructions in here the OCR started behaving normally. Note that the instructions there are not very clear so only do that if you are 100% sure you can be bothered to spend days to make it work.