Pleco for Android 3.2

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, could you be more specific? Do you mean that now you can't hear single syllable recordings correctly, or is the problem that you own the enhanced version of one audio module and not the other and you can't hear the one that you don't own? Also, are you downloading these add-ons in-app or from our website?

CharonM72

秀才
I am downloading the add-ons in-app. I only have enhanced male audio, and I can hear it after following your instructions, but after re-installing basic male audio, I can still not hear any basic male audio, but I can hear extended male audio.

CharonM72

秀才
Then extended works, but any word that isn't covered by extended audio has no sound. Installing basic male audio after that does not change anything.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, so if you delete both, reboot, then install just the extended, the basic audio still doesn't work? It's actually built into the extended files, you don't need the basic ones if you have them, so I'm trying to eliminate the possibility that there's a conflict between the basic and extended downloads.

CharonM72

秀才
I found the problem. Basic male audio works, and extended male audio works, but ONLY in dictionaries that I acquired through the Pleco app. When I try to play audio for an entry in any of my user dictionaries, even though play icon appears and I can tap it, it makes no sound. Even when viewing the same word in one of Pleco's dictionaries, the sound works for both extended and regular audio.