Pleco for Android 3.2.25

Miguel

状元
There is one that I also had in my previous cellphone (Auto Hide Soft Keys). But I can take that one out and still the same (or put the Pleco notification on the top). Also tried the different settings in the Clip Monitor section.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You mean com.gmd.hidesoftkeys? From your screenshot it looks like it's the same height as our notification.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes - my question was whether other notifications are able to show up taller on that screen, trying to figure out whether this is something Pleco-specific or just another bit of irritating forked MIUI silliness refusing to let any notification take up more than the minimum space.

Miguel

状元
Oh, I see. I think all notifications are the same. Yes, I would vote for another annoying feature from MIUI. I like the phone very much but I am trying right now with Cyanogenmod because MIUI just won't stop doing things I don't want it to do...

giokve

进士
Have the up and down arrows always been so dim?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160511-113827.png
    Screenshot_20160511-113827.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 325

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Should still be bright white - what's your current device + Android version and which color theme have you picked for Pleco?

giokve

进士
Galaxy Tab S2 + Marshmallow (updated recently); Pleco Blue (didn't know about the themes!). It's bright white in night mode.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, will have to dig deeper on this one - I was thinking it might be an issue with icon resource files on an old or low-resolution device but that configuration should be using nice new versions of everything.

捞什子

秀才
I have the tiniest of bugs to report. Only mention it because of your mission to perfect.

When the display option for showing the switch dictionary toolbar is turned on in flashcard tests, the Wiseman Chinese Medical Terms C-E dictionary displays an @ symbol instead of the CMT tag. Seems like the dictionary isn't linking completely to the cards that use it (there's nothing wrong with the definitions, though). I've noticed this in other dictionaries before, but each was fixed over time. CMT is the only dictionary I have installed that still displays this behavior.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This is actually intentional - in a few dictionaries (not just CMT but also Adso and IIRC HanDeDict too) we copy the text into the flashcard rather than linking to the original dictionary entry, because we don't have a reliable way of tracking changes between releases and so can't maintain those links when we update the dictionary.

捞什子

秀才
Ah ok. I wondered about that because I originally noticed this with Adso which is a bit of a special case, but then it started displaying as ADS after the nice overhaul it got a few months ago.

HW60

状元
I have lots of categories and just added three more (I was in Organize Cards in the list of flashcards of the lowest category), but now I am unable to find them. I tried the search/category function, but saw the same category tree as with organize cards, where I did not find them. What is the shortest way to find a category?

Is there an easy way to divide a category, which is already the lowest (third level) category from top, into several categories of the same level? Do you think about more levels in Pleco 4.0?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not sure what you mean - we don't currently support category search by name. If they're not in the tree then they might have somehow gotten orphaned, in which case you can fix that in Settings / Flashcards / Remove orphaned categories.

4.0 supports an obscene number of levels - IIRC it's 128.

HW60

状元
I think I found it: you probably cannot create a category when you are in the third category from top - as there is no 4th level, no category is created, but Pleco does not tell you. So probably I cannot find the new categories because there are no new categories.

Yiliya

榜眼
In the color picking interface you can't see the color codes or anything you're typing in that small box, seems like it's white text on white background.

I'm on Android 6.0.1.

Grengren

Hello,
I have a problem with the popup definition zone.
Half of the time, the popups open but are empty (I have to go to the full screen version to see the definitions).
It happens both in the reader and in the dictionnaries, both with white or black backcolor. It doesn't seem correlated to any specific dictionnary or parameter.

Thanks for any help !
David