Pleco for Android 2.4.14 Bug Report Thread

inorbit

举人
Concerning the precedent bug, I have observe some cycling (group of 9).
For example, if I just press and move a little to see what is the name of the moved category:

pressed name -> moved (ghost) name

cat 1 -> cat 1
cat 9 -> cat 9
cat 10 -> cat 1
cat 11 -> cat 2
cat 20 -> cat 1

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Interesting... surprised this hasn't been more widely reported, actually. If we can't reproduce it we'll let you know.

KaiRong

I've just upgraded my HTC One to Android 4.4.2, and my custom fonts doesn't work anymore in Pleco :( I used SimSun and MSSong font types, but everything is blank now. Is it an Android problem? Is there a solution for it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It is indeed an Android problem, yes - lots of fonts seem to be broken on 4.4. (they switched to a new font rendering system, but from what I've heard resorted to some ugly hacks to avoid having to license an Apple patent on TrueType rendering) For now all I can suggest is switching to a different Song font, e.g. one of the open-source Arphic ones.

KaiRong

Thanks for the reply, mike. This is what I was afraid of :(
The problem is that the open source fonts I found only supports traditional or simplified characters, which results in mixed fonts in Pleco. I hope the next Android update will include a fix for this problem.

KaiRong

Thanks for the suggestion, it indeed includes both sets! The Kai one works like a charm, but the Ming one has the same blank entry problem as the MS Song font type. I think the Kai one will be OK for me, so thanks again, Mike! :)

AntoineB

Hi Mike & team, I get a lot of crashes.... :(
When I open the dictionnary it's fine, but very often when I open the Reader, settings, Flashcards, they open then crash quite soon after. It seems that those modules are unstable on my system.
I have a new Xiaomi MI 3 running Android 4.2.1 JOP40D MIUI-JXCCNAL 12.0
I hope you can help!
PS: it used to work fine, and it could have started since I installed the Google Play Framework, so I guess I might be in for a factory reset and reinstall... :confused:

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You probably don't need to reset the whole phone, actually - just delete and reinstall Pleco (back up your flashcards first) and that should take care of the crashes.

AntoineB

You probably don't need to reset the whole phone, actually - just delete and reinstall Pleco (back up your flashcards first) and that should take care of the crashes.
Awesome, that worked Mike, thanks a lot as I love using your app EVERY DAY! ;)