Pleco for Android 2.4.1 Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Whether this becomes an official release or another beta on the way to one is in large part up to you guys... let us know if you like the search result changes (especially those of you who are fantizi users).

第一幕 in TTS, one voice is correctly adjusting sandhi tone for yi1(一), but the other voice is not. The second voice reads it as 1st tone.

Also, one of the voices doesn't seem to notice the spaces (as slight pauses in voice), while the other one does a much more natural reading cadence.

Full title was (with spacing):
第一幕 吟游 第一章 晨风

I have both voices set at 90% speed. I have "sandhi transform" checked true.

Any chance that you could adjust the length of "pauses", i.e. the amount of pause for spaces, commas, etc.? That seems to be where the two voices have the most dramatic difference.

mfcb

状元
looking for "tourette", search returned DHD entry, but entry leads to blank page.. (in fact black page, as i always use night mode)
the 21C entry is fine
same in 2.4.0 (found it there, after update to 2.4.1 tried again)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges said:
第一幕 in TTS, one voice is correctly adjusting sandhi tone for yi1(一), but the other voice is not. The second voice reads it as 1st tone.

Ah, good catch, thanks - this was with Hui, right? (higher pitched one)

stephanhodges said:
Also, one of the voices doesn't seem to notice the spaces (as slight pauses in voice), while the other one does a much more natural reading cadence.

That may be something in the engine that we can't easily fix, but we'll check anyway - same voice as the other problem?

stephanhodges said:
Any chance that you could adjust the length of "pauses", i.e. the amount of pause for spaces, commas, etc.? That seems to be where the two voices have the most dramatic difference.

Yes, but not until after we've released this officially.

Yiliya said:
The PLC dictionary still doesn't display the simplified version of 㞞.

Looks OK here - did you skip the prompt on startup to update data files? If so, kill and reopen Pleco and it should reappear.

mfcb said:
looking for "tourette", search returned DHD entry, but entry leads to blank page.. (in fact black page, as i always use night mode)
the 21C entry is fine

That's an odd one - reproduced, we'll figure out shortly whether it's an app issue or a data file one. Thanks.

ckatt

状元
I'm still having an the issue in organize cards where the wrong cards is displayed while dragging a card to reorder them.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
I'm still having an the issue in organize cards where the wrong cards is displayed while dragging a card to reorder them.

We have this down as "no repro", unable to reproduce - are these custom cards or cards linked to dictionary entries? Does this happen everywhere in Organize Cards or only in some categories? Have you changed any of the flashcard list display configuration settings?

sahal

秀才
I think the behaviour when deleting flashcards during a review session is a bit strange: When I hit Edit -> Card Info -> Delete Flashcard, and then return to the flashcard review screen via the device's back button, the review screen still displays the flashcard I just deleted. The card only goes away after hitting the in-app back and forward buttons (and re-rating the previous card), or after closing the session.

I noticed this when deleting custom flashcards, though dict-based cards might be affected as well.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mfcb said:
the 21C entry is fine

Update: just put out a new version of DeHanDict (check the Updates tab) which should fix this - thankfully it turned out to be a data file rather than an app issue.

sahal said:
I think the behaviour when deleting flashcards during a review session is a bit strange: When I hit Edit -> Card Info -> Delete Flashcard, and then return to the flashcard review screen via the device's back button, the review screen still displays the flashcard I just deleted. The card only goes away after hitting the in-app back and forward buttons (and re-rating the previous card), or after closing the session.

I noticed this when deleting custom flashcards, though dict-based cards might be affected as well.

I think from the sound of the bug that it would probably affect any of them - anyway we'll investigate, thanks.

sahal

秀才
In the HanDeDict file, I get "&gt" where I should see ">" (an actual greater than sign). E.g. in the entry for 你. What is inside those pointed brackets also seems a bit strange (male form of "you"?).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sahal said:
In the HanDeDict file, I get "&gt" where I should see ">" (an actual greater than sign). E.g. in the entry for 你. What is inside those pointed brackets also seems a bit strange (male form of "you"?).

Thanks - fixed now (check your Updates tab in Add-ons). Content within the brackets is up to HDD's editors, unfortunately, though there is a corresponding (but rarely-used) female version of "you", 妳, just as with 他/她.

ckatt

状元
mikelove said:
ckatt said:

We have this down as "no repro", unable to reproduce - are these custom cards or cards linked to dictionary entries? Does this happen everywhere in Organize Cards or only in some categories? Have you changed any of the flashcard list display configuration settings?

The behavior of it is a bit odd. i have been mostly seeing it lately when sorting through some custom flash cards but it does not seem to be limited to them. usually when i start to reorder them it is ok but after i move a few around i start to see a previously moved card appear when i drag a card to move it. so maybe something is not clearing out of the memory properly. at times i have noticed that its seems to be limited to a card at a certain position on the screen ie only the cards second from the bottom or top are displayed wrong while the others are ok. but this does not seem to be true all of the time. but there seems to always be a mix of some cards that display right and other that don't. but i'm not sure what the problematic ones have in common, nor do they seem to be consistent.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
usually when i start to reorder them it is ok but after i move a few around i start to see a previously moved card appear when i drag a card to move it. so maybe something is not clearing out of the memory properly.

That's a good theory - we still aren't seeing this here, but we'll try adding an extra clear of the drawing cache when a reusable list item is updated in the hopes that that will fix the problem.

ckatt

状元
Since updating to the new 2.4.1 I've been having a rather constant crash when using the half screen handwriting input. usually after i draw two stokes is see a black screen and then it dumps me back to the flash cards or the home screen or where ever i last was. usually once i reenter the dictionary its OK but some time it keeps crashing over and over. seems that if i open the hw screen and wait a bit before entering a stoke its less likely to crash.

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-12-28-13-39-19+0800.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 776

HW60

状元
When exporting flashcards, there seems to be a difference between exporting "all cards" and exporting "cards in categories" (and selecting all categories). I did not include flashcard categories, but flashcard definitions in the export files. With all cards I get exactly 200 more cards (from 13248 "all cards") than with cards in categories. I compared the export files with Excel. All missing cards are chinese cards. Most of the missing cards are one character words, they all seem to be uncategorized and custom cards (as far as I still have dictionary related flashcards they are all uncategorized).

I would like to suggest to include a sort function (like in Search Cards) in the export of flashcards, because the import of flashcards in a user dictionary seems to follow the sort order of the import file and I would like to import the flashcards in alphabetical pronunciation order. I have no idea about the sort order of the flashcard export file now - it seems to begin with category sort order, which is not very useful for importing in user dictionaries.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
Since updating to the new 2.4.1 I've been having a rather constant crash when using the half screen handwriting input. usually after i draw two stokes is see a black screen and then it dumps me back to the flash cards or the home screen or where ever i last was. usually once i reenter the dictionary its OK but some time it keeps crashing over and over. seems that if i open the hw screen and wait a bit before entering a stoke its less likely to crash.

Thanks - could you please post (or PM me) the unfiltered log? There seems to be a lot of information missing in this one.

HW60 said:
When exporting flashcards, there seems to be a difference between exporting "all cards" and exporting "cards in categories" (and selecting all categories). I did not include flashcard categories, but flashcard definitions in the export files. With all cards I get exactly 200 more cards (from 13248 "all cards") than with cards in categories. I compared the export files with Excel. All missing cards are chinese cards. Most of the missing cards are one character words, they all seem to be uncategorized and custom cards (as far as I still have dictionary related flashcards they are all uncategorized).

Thanks - we'll investigate but this one may be too complicated to fix for this release.

HW60 said:
I would like to suggest to include a sort function (like in Search Cards) in the export of flashcards, because the import of flashcards in a user dictionary seems to follow the sort order of the import file and I would like to import the flashcards in alphabetical pronunciation order. I have no idea about the sort order of the flashcard export file now - it seems to begin with category sort order, which is not very useful for importing in user dictionaries.

You can actually export results directly from Search Cards - when viewing results, just tap Edit, Batch, scroll down and tap Export.

santiago

举人
Pleco fails to recognice as a TTS sentence (a selected line to be read by lulu or hui) those that start with a character or word covered by the male-female audio recordings AND right after that there is a comma or point. Example: 我,爱这个软件 In this case the audio would simply use the audio recording for 我. I guess is not a big deal, but just thought I'd better report

HW60

状元
mikelove said:
HW60 said:
When exporting flashcards, there seems to be a difference between exporting "all cards" and exporting "cards in categories" (and selecting all categories).
Thanks - we'll investigate but this one may be too complicated to fix for this release.
Maybe the problem can be reduced to the following problem: When I export flashcards with "all cards" selected, there are cards exported which have no category when I find them with Search Cards, but which are not exported when I try to export them with "Cards in categories" / "Uncategorized". 碍,败 and 棒 (and others) are examples of my flashcard.pqb (if you still have it). Maybe it is not too difficult to find out why these cards are not exported with "Cards in categories" selected.

mikelove said:
You can actually export results directly from Search Cards - when viewing results, just tap Edit, Batch, scroll down and tap Export.
Thanks for this easy solution - in the past I spent much time exporting, dropbox, Excel, sort, dropbox, import. I always suspect many more unknown and hidden possibilities in Pleco which could make life easier for the users, and "Batch" hidden behind "Edit" is a good example.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
santiago said:
Pleco fails to recognice as a TTS sentence (a selected line to be read by lulu or hui) those that start with a character or word covered by the male-female audio recordings AND right after that there is a comma or point. Example: 我,爱这个软件 In this case the audio would simply use the audio recording for 我. I guess is not a big deal, but just thought I'd better report

Hmm, not seeing that here... where exactly are you doing this? With an example sentence, with a custom dictionary entry, with a flashcard, or simply with a sentence that you selected in the document reader? If it's the document reader, did you select it by tap-holding on the |-> arrow or by just repeatedly tapping on it?

HW60 said:
Maybe the problem can be reduced to the following problem: When I export flashcards with "all cards" selected, there are cards exported which have no category when I find them with Search Cards, but which are not exported when I try to export them with "Cards in categories" / "Uncategorized". 碍,败 and 棒 (and others) are examples of my flashcard.pqb (if you still have it). Maybe it is not too difficult to find out why these cards are not exported with "Cards in categories" selected.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

HW60 said:
Thanks for this easy solution - in the past I spent much time exporting, dropbox, Excel, sort, dropbox, import. I always suspect many more unknown and hidden possibilities in Pleco which could make life easier for the users, and "Batch" hidden behind "Edit" is a good example.

Quite right - tricky thing to help with, though, since there are so many such features that few users would bother to read through a simpler list that drew attention to them all.