Pleco for Android 2.3.8/9/10 Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Most of the bugs from 2.3.7 should actually be fixed in this release, so let us know if you run into any new ones, or if a bug that we listed as fixed actually isn't.

HW60

状元
Re: Pleco for Android 2.3.8 Bug Report Thread

Flashcards / Export Cards / All cards /No categories included in the export file: the number of exported cards is the same as if categories were included (as in 2.3.7).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

HW60 said:
Flashcards / Export Cards / All cards /No categories included in the export file: the number of exported cards is the same as if categories were included (as in 2.3.7).

Yeah, that one unfortunately is a bit more complicated to fix (which is why it wasn't mentioned in the list of fixes for 2.3.8 ). Is your Japanese dictionary crash issue resolved at least?

HW60

状元

mikelove said:
Is your Japanese dictionary crash issue resolved at least?
Yes - no more problems so far, thank you!
The next big issue with japanese entries of the user dictionary would be to make the pronunciation (japanese, starting with @) as visible as in the flashcard db.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

HW60 said:
The next big issue with japanese entries of the user dictionary would be to make the pronunciation (japanese, starting with @) as visible as in the flashcard db.

That may take a little while, but you'll probably be pleased to know that our handwriting recognizer will soon support 国字 like 峠.

HW60

状元

mikelove said:
... you'll probably be pleased to know that our handwriting recognizer will soon support 国字 like 峠.
That sounds good - I have to switch to Google Japanese Input Beta now. Is there any plan to display japanese characters, which have the same position in the Unicode font as similar looking chinese characters, but differ from the chinese characters in the same position and need a japanese font to be displayed (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unific ... characters)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

HW60 said:
That sounds good - I have to switch to Google Japanese Input Beta now. Is there any plan to display japanese characters, which have the same position in the Unicode font as similar looking chinese characters, but differ from the chinese characters in the same position and need a japanese font to be displayed (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unific ... characters)

No, but if you install a Japanese font in place of a Chinese one with the custom font installation command in Settings / General you can get them that way. (no current plans to allow dictionary-specific custom font settings, though)

ckatt

状元

When you are in the reader and you have something in the clip board it will reload when the phone is rotated, so if i use the ocr are load something into the reader, then load another file it will switch back to what is in the clipboard if i change the orientation.
I think this happened in 2.3.7 as well

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

ckatt said:
When you are in the reader and you have something in the clip board it will reload when the phone is rotated, so if i use the ocr are load something into the reader, then load another file it will switch back to what is in the clipboard if i change the orientation.
I think this happened in 2.3.7 as well

Thanks - basically a case of sloppiness on our part but it should be easy to fix in the next release.

HW60

状元

In Organize Cards / New Card I want to enter a duplicate card (actually it is not duplicate, but starts with @ and is a japanese card with different "Pinyin Pronunciation"). After I tap Save, Pleco says: "Duplicate Card - This will result in a duplicated card - are you sure you want to continue?" If the answer is yes, Pleco returns to the "New Cat/New Card/Edit" screen and did not add the "duplicate" card. Is there a setting to make Pleco accept the duplicate card, or are duplicates only allowed while importing cards?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

HW60 said:
In Organize Cards / New Card I want to enter a duplicate card (actually it is not duplicate, but starts with @ and is a japanese card with different "Pinyin Pronunciation"). After I tap Save, Pleco says: "Duplicate Card - This will result in a duplicated card - are you sure you want to continue?" If the answer is yes, Pleco returns to the "New Cat/New Card/Edit" screen and did not add the "duplicate" card. Is there a setting to make Pleco accept the duplicate card, or are duplicates only allowed while importing cards?

This sounds like a bug, but if you set both of the duplicate handling options in Settings / Flashcards to "allow" that should get it to stop putting up those warnings.

HW60

状元

mikelove said:
This sounds like a bug, but if you set both of the duplicate handling options in Settings / Flashcards to "allow" that should get it to stop putting up those warnings.
I set "Already in category" to "Create new card" (instead of "Prompt" before), and now I can add duplicates! So it is only a prompt-bug, and my problem is solved.

HW60

状元

mikelove said:
HW60 said:
That may take a little while, but you'll probably be pleased to know that our handwriting recognizer will soon support 国字 like 峠.
The first part is perfectly realized in the meantime, but HWR still seems to be unable to support 国字. Sometimes Google chinese HWR supports japanese 漢字, but not always, so I have to use other HWR apps, which is not very comfortable. Is japanese HWR still one of Pleco's goals, and will Kana support be included?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
HW60 said:
The first part is perfectly realized in the meantime, but HWR still seems to be unable to support 国字. Sometimes Google chinese HWR supports japanese 漢字, but not always, so I have to use other HWR apps, which is not very comfortable. Is japanese HWR still one of Pleco's goals, and will Kana support be included?

Yes on 国字, no current plans to support Kana. Because it relies on a new ARMv7-only version of our handwriting recognizer, 国字 support is tied to our plans to drop support for ARMv6 devices, which will probably happen sometime this summer - we really wanted to get as many new features to ARMv6 users as possible before dropping it.