Pleco en español por favor

Gabriela

Es una gran necesidad actualmente contar con este excelente diccionario en español, gracias por considerar esta solicitud

I'm looking forward to having a look at that database implemented in Pleco. By the way, is it American or European Spanish? Thank you.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Bit more European, I think, though most of the difference disappears in a dictionary anyway since the speech is generally formal and you're not hearing pronunciations. Nobody in China seems to be making an explicit distinction in C<>X dictionaries at the moment FWICT.

Membrillo

Glad to hear there is a Spanish dictionary coming :):):).

Right now I only have the flashcards add-on but I am thinking about buying a bundle. Could be possible to add the Spanish dictionary in a bundle? or, even better, could be possible to make custom bundles?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's kind of what the Basic bundle is for, actually - a bundle of features without any dictionaries so that you can then add whichever dictionaries you like.

Membrillo

That's kind of what the Basic bundle is for, actually - a bundle of features without any dictionaries so that you can then add whichever dictionaries you like.
But in that way, you miss the dictionary discounts, right?

Just to focus on the main theme... You said in Google Play that Spanish dictionary probably arrives around Christmas. Can we know its name now?:rolleyes: or maybe some specifications...

Hi, Mike,

I'm afraid there's nothing to announce yet. Maybe that dictionary will come out in one or two years' time?

Thank you.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Huge backlog of stuff to do, basically. And other projects keep forcing themselves ahead of Spanish in our queue - MoEDict, e.g., which suddenly had its license changed to be Pleco-friendly and so had to get an official Pleco conversion right away.