phrases, multiple word flashcard w/ characters

app

Is it possible to make flashcards with phrases and/or more than one word with the characters as the headword? I've made custom cards with phrases but can't get the characters on them.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
app said:
Is it possible to make flashcards with phrases and/or more than one word with the characters as the headword? I've made custom cards with phrases but can't get the characters on them.

The system should be able to accommodate cards of arbitrary length... what exactly happens when you try creating a custom card with a bunch of characters?

app

Thanks for the prompt response and sorry my very late one! :oops: (I didn't receive/despam filter email notification).

I couldn't make the cards with the keyboard input. I was making custom cards with multiple words by HWR only, which I find slow and cumbersome. I have since found a thread here where you suggested a solution that's working great for me. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2667

If anyone is wondering about international keyboards, all you have to do is go to the iphone's settings app, then navigate to general>keyboard>international keyboards>add new keyboard to choose your keyboard(Chinese-Simplified, Pinyin in my case.)

Then in pleco, Flashcards>organize cards>New card>character headword. Choose "key" at the top to bring up the keyboard entry. You should have a globe icon next to your space bar. Repeatedly tapping this button cycles through your international keyboards. After choosing a pinyin keyboard, as you type pinyin you are presented with several choices of characters which you can select by tapping. You can select several characters before exiting to enter the remaining fields for your card.

Thanks mikelove!
Pleco rocks!