Phone with no SD card (question)

捞什子

秀才
Question down at the bottom, if you don't need the background.

I've been using Pleco on an iPod touch for something like 5 years now, but I'm finally thinking of switching to a smart phone. I'm looking at the Moto G, which comes in 8G and 16G storage models, but doesn't have an SD card slot.

I've helped a few Android friends get their flash cards up and running before, and I remember we used their phones' SD cards to get the flash cards into Pleco. I also read up on the Android Pleco manual, which mentions mounting your phone's SD card onto your laptop to transfer cards on and off. I'll wager my question is more likely a phone question than a Pleco question, but I expect I can find a good answer here.

Would I be able to access the raw file system of the phone's hard drive when in USB mode on my laptop, then move cards in and out of Pleco that way?

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes - on a Mac you have to use a special "Android File Transfer" app instead of having it show up as a regular drive as it does on Windows, but in both cases you can arbitrarily copy files into/out of internal memory.

sburkle

Phones like the Moto G simply use internal storage just like the SD card, my phone doesn't have an external SD card either. It's just as easy to email the flashcard files to yourself or use something like dropbox to move them to your phone. You can use an app like ES File Explorer to move files around in your phone's internal storage.