PalmOS or Windows?

Hello,

I've been looking at the forums and checking out some devices for a few days now and I still don't know if I should upgrade my phone to the HTC Fuze (ATT) for $400 or just buy a cheap Palm and the discounted Palm version of the PlecoDict and wait for a Windows Mobile smartphone that i really like...I guess the only thing holding me back form getting HTC Fuze is the pricetag and it seems, according to some posts, that the PalmOS PlecoDict runs faster than on Windows Mobile, which seems ridiculous. Why would I pay $200 more for it to run slower?!

Anyways, it seems like that Fuze is the only phone I would want to get, since I have ATT, and it still has some quirks that would seem annoying (wobbles on the table when you press the screen, etc)

Any suggestions appreciated :D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Right now I'd say that the Windows Mobile version is unequivocally faster on low- or medium-resolution devices (240x320 or 320x320 screens), but on VGA devices like the Fuze the difference is less clear - there are certain areas like flashcards where the Windows Mobile version is always going to beat out Palm, but if you just want to do some basic dictionary lookups etc then you might be better off saving your money and going the cheap Palm / 1.0 route.