Palm E vs. E2 vs. TX

DuKaiShi

I'm looking to buy a Palm for the pleco software, but I'm trying to keep the costs down. My friend has a Palm E that she bought a couple of years ago, but never used. She's willing to sell it to me for under $100. Would this work just as well as a new Palm like the E2 or the TX? I know it's compatible, but does anybody know if it's worth the money saved? As for the E2 and the TX, after buying the memory card for the E2 I save about $80 compared with if I bought the TX. Would it be better just to splurge on the TX as far as the different systems go? I kind of feeling like I'm asking bad questions, but hopefull someone can help me anyways. I'd like to figure out what I'm doing and by one next week.

lmcjipo

榜眼
My friend has a TX and the one thing that I don't like about it when he lent it to me to try was the on/off button on the top. When I push it, it sometimes does not turn on/off. The on/off button seems very flimsey and prone to failure in my opinion. My friend told me that he normally turns on his TX by pushing one of the hardware buttons in the front of the TX and rarely uses the on/off button on the top of the TX.

I've read reviews on the TX and the issue of the on/off button is not an isolated issue with my friend's TX. It seems to be a general complaint.

In terms of PlecoDict running on the TX, I don't have any experience in it since my friend doesn't have an interest in having a Chinese dictionary and never installed it.

The good thing about the TX that I have to say is the on-board memory. I believe that it has 128MB or 100MB of memory.