Off topic alert--study ideas needed

sfrrr

状元
My Chinese teacher always goes to Shanghai during the whole month of December. Usually, by the time she returns, I'm back to being a beginner again. I have movies in Mandarin and watch Chinese TV to hear Chinese, but can't figure out what else to do--e.g. how do I keep up my grammar? How do I continue to expand my vocabulary? (Right now, I have no access to Chinese speakers, making my situation worse.)

Any study ideas? Novel things to use for studying Chinese with PD? I mean, how many times can you review your flashcards?

Sandra

Jim

榜眼
sfrrr said:
My Chinese teacher always goes to Shanghai during the whole month of December. Usually, by the time she returns, I'm back to being a beginner again. I have movies in Mandarin and watch Chinese TV to hear Chinese, but can't figure out what else to do--e.g. how do I keep up my grammar? How do I continue to expand my vocabulary? (Right now, I have no access to Chinese speakers, making my situation worse.)

Any study ideas? Novel things to use for studying Chinese with PD? I mean, how many times can you review your flashcards?

Sandra

Do a search for online language exchange, there are a number of web sites. I live in China so have no need of them myself but made this suggestion to a couple of other people in a situation similar to yours and they both said they found something useful.

You can also get onto any number of chat sites frequented by Chinese people. The Chinese version of ICQ is QQ. On chat sites you can shop around to find a few regulars to chat with that fit your personality and Chinese ability.