new HSK - six new lists of flashcards

rcloud

举人
I am currently creating an Anki deck of the new HSK. It will take me a while to compile the whole thing as I have to manually type them all in from the PDFs and tag them with their level (I'm currently about 15% of the way through). When I'm finished I'll export it so it's in a usable form for anyone that wants to use it with Pleco.

gobears

I downloaded the excel files, and converted the first 4 to txt files that are easy to import into Pleco.

Attachments

• HSK_Level_1_(New_HSK).txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,229
  • HSK_Level_2_(New_HSK).txt
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,880
  • HSK_Level_3_(New_HSK).txt
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,953
  • HSK_Level_4_(New_HSK).txt
    148.3 KB · Views: 2,418

rcloud

举人
Steven,

You beat me to the punch. I came here to update on my progress and found your lists. Just wanted to say thanks, you have saved me as well as many others a lot of time.

radioman

状元
These lists look great.

I have been working with a book called "Learning Chinese Characters". I have posted about this before. It introduces 800 characters, and about 200 Radicals/parts making up the characters. Frankly I think it's great. (but its really about the characters, and less about words).

My problem is that it talks about HSK Level A.

Now, it shows a Copyright notice of 2007, so not sure if the references/terminology has changed. And while I can research this a bit more, if anyone can shed light on this (e.g., HSK 6 versus HSK 5 versus HSK Level A???), I would love to hear it.

Also, It seems to me that the list for HSK 6 pretty much covers everything, along with including the delineation for HSK Level 1-6 - so I can easily extract Level 1/2/3 as an example. If that is the case, I can sort/generate all 6 levels off of HSK level 6, and post them. (please let me know if I am missing something with regard to my understanding of that).

Comments appreciated.

nrich

举人
radioman said:
These lists look great.

I have been working with a book called "Learning Chinese Characters". I have posted about this before. It introduces 800 characters, and about 200 Radicals/parts making up the characters. Frankly I think it's great. (but its really about the characters, and less about words).

My problem is that it talks about HSK Level A.

Now, it shows a Copyright notice of 2007, so not sure if the references/terminology has changed. And while I can research this a bit more, if anyone can shed light on this (e.g., HSK 6 versus HSK 5 versus HSK Level A???), I would love to hear it.

Also, It seems to me that the list for HSK 6 pretty much covers everything, along with including the delineation for HSK Level 1-6 - so I can easily extract Level 1/2/3 as an example. If that is the case, I can sort/generate all 6 levels off of HSK level 6, and post them. (please let me know if I am missing something with regard to my understanding of that).

Comments appreciated.

I have been using a similar book, "Reading and Writing Chinese Characters". It also bases its organization of characters on the HSK A,B, and C lists. These are from the older HSK text. It changed only in the last year or two. The new HSK (with levels 1-6) must have at least been modified from the previous A,B,C, and D lists. I'm not sure how much overlap there are between the two I would like to know this as well. It would probably be as simple as comparing the two lists (both of which you can find an electronic copy for) and extracting the duplicates/unique words.

I think you are right, that level 6 includes all of the previous levels.

bulaodali

hi. thanks very much for the lists. gobears i downloaded your 1-4 list for pleco on my phone. do you know how i can get 5 and 6 . how can i convert excel files to .txt files.
Help much appreciated!

thph2006

进士
stevendaniels said:
I posted all six HSK lists in excel format on my blog. The files use CC-CEDICT as the dictionary and list the pinyin and level of each word.

There are probably still some mistakes, so if you notice any, let me know.

HSK Lists are at http://blog.lingomi.com/hsk-lists-2010

New HSK Level 1-6 .txt file in Pleco import format:
It looks from these lists that the way HSK works is each level contains the vocab from all lower levels plus vocab new to that level. Based on that assumption I took stevendaniels HSK Level 6 .xls file and converted it to a pleco list with categories for each level where each level represents only the words stevendaniels had marked with that level. Theoretically that means there should be no duplicates between levels. Don't know if that format will be useful to anyone but here it is for anyone who'd like to try it.

It's a tab delimited .txt file with the following fields per line: character<tab>pinyin<tab>definition
It should import as six separate categories.

Attachments

• New HSK Level 1-6.txt
    299.3 KB · Views: 4,826
I'm confused... When did they add 2 extra levels?
(Last I remember looking it was levels 1-4)
Anybody have a link that I can read more about this?

Is it the same number of words broken up into different levels? Or did they add 2 extra levels worth of material to study?

kun4

举人

Are these (see attachment) the characters from the book you've been using? This is a file in Pleco flashcard "import" format. Compare the first column of this file with the new HSK lists, and you know which characters you have to review.

radioman

状元
The text in that file has strange symbols that are not converting on the import. Is that a UTF 8 text file?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Had to delete this file, unfortunately, since the content in it seems to be copyrighted by Tuttle - did you make it yourself or did you get it from somewhere else? Lists of words (probably) aren't copyrightable, but dictionary definitions are, and it's particularly problematic if they're from Tuttle since we do business with them on other fronts.

It should be OK if you post the headwords without the definitions, though - those just help people use Tuttle's books better and it's unlikely anyone would have much of a problem with that.

yuvalcho

举人
Hey.

it's probably stupid, but i cant actually use the flashcards in the test.
when i look into the hsk level 6 through the "organize cards" i can see that it has a lot of cards (i guess all of them were imported), but when i try the test, it gives me only 130 cards.
i have no limit of cards for the test. with my own flashcards i can have hundreds of them per test.
also all filters are off.

any idea?

thanks.