new here

adnan

Hi there , i have just started using pleco. i am using the free version , with the flashcard system. and has recently bought the paid pleco flashcard add on.

my question is, currently i am in australia. i am travelling to china mainland soon. Will the pleco system, most notable the flash card system work there on the mainland? both free and paid version of the flash card.

i ask as some apps like google dont work there i heard.

pdwalker

状元
It should be fine. Even if you don't have an internet access (and cannot access or make new purchases, or update your software) your existing installation will continue to work just fine.

adnan

It should be fine. Even if you don't have an internet access (and cannot access or make new purchases, or update your software) your existing installation will continue to work just fine.
hey just another question. i can acces the flashcard system on android for free now. but a few years back while in china i could not. it was asking for a payment. is the flashcard system for free now with latest version of pleco?

pdwalker

状元
i can only confirm that in the ios version, it's a paid addon.

if you're going to use this tool seriously, pay for and get the bundle. it's more than well worth it, in my completely biased opinion.

then consider what additional dictionaries you want and get those too.

adnan

i can only confirm that in the ios version, it's a paid addon.

if you're going to use this tool seriously, pay for and get the bundle. it's more than well worth it, in my completely biased opinion.

then consider what additional dictionaries you want and get those too.
ah so on android its free . go it

JD

状元
If I look at the Pleco Android pricing page, it lists Flashcards as separate. Perhaps just a demo comes with the free version.

http://www.pleco.com/products/pleco-for-android/pricing/

Edit: the main Android page says it's the "lite" version:
http://www.pleco.com/products/pleco-for-android/
You can buy lots of interesting add-ons to make Pleco more useful, but even the free version stacks up well against any other paid or free Chinese dictionary on Android – it’s a wonderful little app with two great dictionaries, the same fantastic search engine as our full app, lite versions of our flashcard / text reader functions and a fantastically customizable interface. And no ads, we won’t even nag you about buying add-ons.​

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yep. Was originally a response to Anki being free on Android and $25 on iOS, though now that we have direct AnkiDroid integration in our Android app that's less of a concern.