Need help choosing a (lower-cost) pda for Pleco

Questyn

Hello,

I need to replace my dead Palm Zire71 with something that will (predominately) run PlecoDict and Chinese input. Besides calendar & shopping list, that's about all I used my pda for.

I understand that Palm OS is no more, and those devices are only available on eBay and the like these days. What advice would you have for a lower-cost but newer choice?

I don't really want a phone included in it.

Thanks in advance,
~ Diane 杜雁子

radioman

状元
Diane,

I figure this will run counter to Pleco's direction as well as your request, but I found the Palm T5 lightyears better than my E2. I picked it up on ebay for $100 a few months ago after my E2 went lost. The screen is big and the memory far greater than my E2, battery life is real good. I wrote a few notes on it in this forum. Its cheap, and I found benefit as I could use my old E2 power supply, memory cards, etc. Not sure if you can do the same with your device.

I am waiting for the iPhone version, but even that will require additional waiting as the first version will not have flashcards. So I am for now sticking with the T5 for the foreseeable future.

Good Luck.

stisev

进士
Anyone know of a pretty inexpensive Windows Mobile PDA for Pleco? I'm thinking some old IPAQ or Axim X50/x51 or something

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The Axims are a good bet, the Windows Mobile 2003-based iPAQS (2210, 1940, and 4100) are nice and cheap too - the 4100 series is one of my all-time favorite Windows Mobile PDA models, actually, it's very similar size/specs-wise to the newer 110 series (both have fast processors and WiFi) but has a more solid feel in the hand.