My statistics show a negative number of cards in the 0-100 range

Knil

秀才
Today in my flashcard review, the 0-100 category in the statistics started with 10. However, it seemed like I had run into more than 10 cards with score 100, so I checked again and now it says -4. What does this mean? Is there a way to recalculate the statistics if this is a bug?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's an odd one - could you email me (mikelove at pleco) a backup of your flashcard database (and let me know which profile / category you're seeing this in)?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like some score records were left behind for cards that had already been deleted - I've sent you a fixed database with those records removed.

Knil

秀才
Great thanks! Is there a way to remove deleted card score records through the app in case this happens again in the future?

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, but I've never actually heard of it happening before (hence the lack of an easy command to fix it).

Knil

秀才
It might be because I often delete cards in the middle of review sections (e.g., if I suspect a word isn't commonly used enough to be worth periodically reviewing). Even after I delete them, blank placeholders for those cards remain in that review cycle, and I have to assign them a score to move on. The only way to get them to stop showing up completely without restarting the review session is to assign them a positive score, which might change counts in the statistics based on cards that no longer exist.

By the way, the reason I don't exclude them from all sessions is because I really want to get them out of my database in case I share my flashcards with others in the future (I don't want it to be full of cards that aren't useful).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, that would explain it, yes - the placeholder should be removed in that case. Are you deleting them with the delete command that's right in the test interface, or are you doing it somewhere else?

Knil

秀才
I'm highlighting the word in the test interface and tapping the plus button on the top bar, which opens a duplicate card window that has a delete card button. If I instead tap the pencil button next to the score buttons, tap card info, and then tap delete card, would that give a different behavior? Or is there another delete button I'm missing?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's a dedicated delete button you can add in New Test / Commands; we don't show it by default because when we used to do so we got a lot of complaints about people hitting it by accident.

Obviously this is still a bug even if that option exists, but if you do delete a card that way then it should disappear from the test without requiring you to skip it / score it / etc.