Moneymaker idea?

daveth

I was browsing the itunes the other day trying to find myself a flashcard app where i easily and quickly can add flashcards for say, when i see an english word or whatever that i don't understand. i wanted something similar to pleco, but in a different app so i wouldn't have to change the list every time i wanna improve my english (not a lot of work, but hey, i want it to be simple). I found a bunch of apps but the standard of them was embarrassingly low compared to pleco, so it got me thinking Why not just port the flashcard part of this app and sell it as a flashcard program for anything. i guess, since you already have the program, it wouldn't be that hard to pull off, and you could make some easy money to spend on improving this amazing app! or you could just delete this thread and keep on doing what you're doing

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
daveth said:
Why not just port the flashcard part of this app and sell it as a flashcard program for anything. i guess, since you already have the program, it wouldn't be that hard to pull off, and you could make some easy money to spend on improving this amazing app! or you could just delete this thread and keep on doing what you're doing

We've had that in mind for a while now, but we think it will make a lot more sense once we've gotten the user interface to be a bit more refined and new-user-friendly and added support for online sync and embedded media (both much requested, and the latter's pretty much essential for general-purpose cards).

It would take a good bit of work, though, particularly for the features that rely heavily on the fact that the system is integrated with a Chinese dictionary. For example, in order to extend our very popular duplicate-card-checking system to other languages / other types of data, we'd need to come up with a way for users to specify match parameters for arbitrary classes of cards - which fields to check, maybe some sort of regular expression search to do the actual comparison (does capitalization / spacing matter) or even an option to write your own SQL query.

But it's definitely on our radar, anyway, just a matter of finding time for it between all of the other stuff we're working on.