Missing functions compared to the Android version?

timseb

进士
There are two functions that exist in android that I can't seem to find in the iPhone version. First, being able to copy just the headword, not the entire entry. Second, getting directly to the dictionary entry while pressing a flashcard in the card browser. Do these functions exist, and if so, where can I find them?

I've also had trouble changing export folder for flashcards.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Those are both accessible through the long-press menu; long press an entry in search results and you'll see a "Copy Head" option, long-press an item in Organize Cards and you'll see a "Dictionary" option.

Changing export folder - do you mean that you can't save exports outside of Pleco? At the moment the best way to do that is to go into File Manager, tap on (i) next to the exported file, then tap Share / Open In.

Shun

状元
Hello timseb, hello Mike,

I've created two short .mov videos that demonstrate the way it's done on iOS, before I saw Mike's answer.

Hope this helps, Shun

Attachments

• Organize Flashcards to dictionary.mov.zip
    597.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Copying headword.mov.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 143

timseb

进士
Thank you for your replies. It's in other words possible, but in more steps than on Android? Copying the head word in the way @Shun shows work sometimes and sometimes not. Copying the way @mikelove suggests only works if one is not already at the dictionary entry. Being able to copy the headword while being in the entry is available for Android, i.e. it's a clickable option in the drop down list.

If I recall my Android app correctly, same goes for the flashcards. I remember being able to, in the settings, decide that clicking a flashcard would take my directly to the dictionary entry.

I can get of course get by without it, but was surprised such settings did not exist in the iPhone version.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, some slight differences - we haven't really ever gone through rigorously and tried to match them up, in part because there are other obvious / hard-to-work-around ways the two versions differ (Screen Reader being Android-only and Web Reader being iOS-only for example) and so "letting people seamlessly jump back and forth between iOS and Android without losing anything" has never really been a viable goal.

But the new 4.0 card info screen has Info / Edit / Dict tabs at the top of the screen to make this all a lot more accessible. (for copying the headword from the definition screen, it looks like that's not in the default menu there at the moment, but it could be added via Expert Mode if it's still not there by default in the finished version)