Minor display bug on Huawei p30

Tomsima

See attached screenshot, search is normal, but then when you close the keyboard the definition area turns grey. Im on a Huawei p30 on android 9 and the latest version of pleco.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191026_001832_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026_001832_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Screenshot_20191026_182016_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026_182016_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Screenshot_20191026_181957_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026_181957_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 445

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks. (This is only the definition area that’s gray, right? The buttons are supposed to be gray?)

Tomsima

Yes just the definition area. An additional note, it only appears to be happening when the search term is typed in characters, it remains white when typing in the latin alphabet

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Typed in characters -> does it relate to handwriting input? So it comes up after you close that but not after you close the keyboard?

Tomsima

i just tried out a whole bunch of different entry methods and different software keyboards and think this is the rule: when i search for sth (any script) then use the backswipe gesture (perhaps unique to huawei devices?) to close the keyboard (not the keyboards own minimise button) the main body of the entry in pleco will lose its white background.

not a big issue, just thought id report the bug, hope its helpful. im just gonna get used to using the keyboard minimize button now :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks! My guess is that either a) it's an unfixable horrible Android platform issue or b) it's a layout bug which is somehow causing one of our drop shadow effects to get stretched out over the entire screen; hopefully just the latter since that should be an easy fix :)