MemoryMgrc.line 3654 Free Handle error

A

Anonymous

Have installed latest version 1.01 with NWP, ABC, and OX dicts on Sony Clie TJ37 - dictionaries reside on 1GB memory stick.

Second time since installing newest version about 5 days ago that I got the following error that required a soft reset:

MemoryMgrC.line 3654 Free Handle

Not sure if this is a bug in Pleco or has to do with my file locations or with my hardware.

Otherwise, plecodict has been working fabulously - love it; a tool I can't live without!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well first I'll ask the easy question: how much free memory do you have? (you can check this by going to the "Info" screen in the application launcher) If it's not at least a few hundred K, then you could be running into an out-of-memory error.

Beyond that, do you remember what you were doing when PlecoDict crashed? Did it happen while PlecoDict was starting up or was there some particular action that prompted it?

available memory/what caused crash...

As far as available memory on my clie:

on handheld: 1374K
on MS: 644MB

I was in the middle of entering in pinyin, searching the ABC dictionary when I received the crash, both times.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... the first crash might be explained by leftover memory leakage from 1.0, but that would have been cleared up by the ensuing soft reset, so I'm not sure what would have caused this one. You're certain that you're using 1.0.1, right? (the about box should state that it's version 1.0.1)

Yes; version 1.0.2

Yes, I am running version 1.0.1; I can see the first crash having to do with memory leak from 1.0.

I'll keep monitoring this and reply again if it happens again. So far so good.

btw - the upgrade to 1.0.1 cleared up an earlier problem I posted about not having my older Oxford dictionaries show up as registered - now they all show as registered!

thanks again for all your hard work! :p