Manually arranging the order of flashcards

Is this possible? I'm able to do this in "organize cards", but when it comes to reviewing them I can only arrange them by date created or score (via "card selection" > "system" > "fixed").

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not currently supported - however, if you exported, deleted, and reimported the cards in a particular category with duplicate-checking turned off, that would make the "created" order your desired order.

Could you tell me a little more about why you're interested in this feature? It's come up a few times, but we don't really see the point of it pedagogy-wise - it feels like it's only going to worsen your recall to review cards in the same order each time.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply and the workaround. I'll give it a shot.

To answer your question: I would like a feature that gives me 100% control over my flashcards. After three years of doing spaced repetition, with limited results, I'm now looking for a different way of studying, especially grammar. My enthusiasm for SRS has waned. Call me pedagogically incorrect. :)

I've started rereading some of my textbooks because I still haven't mastered some of the grammar and rules. As a result, my flascards are more like notes. And I want to be able to flip through them in the order that I choose. When I, not the software, feel like I've learned the grammar point, then I can delete it myself.

Hope this feedback helps. Thanks again for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We've had a number of people interested in running through series of notes like this, but our plan had been to do that through an improved viewing experience in Organize Cards - let people view nice clear full-screen definitions in that and avoid the need to deal with sessions at all if you just want to review a bunch of notes that you've made.

Would that work in your case too, or is it important that you be able to go through the process of hiding / revealing / scoring each card?

I'll try my notes out in the current version.

My notes get cut off when viewing in Organize Cards. I prefer how they look when reviewing. I've attached two screen shots.

Hiding / revealing is important; scoring isn't. Since most of my notes are in Chinese, being able to tap on a word and see its definition is helpful.

image.jpg image.jpg