• EXCELENTE EXPLICADO COMO SERIA IDEOGRAMA.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 965
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,244
  • HTB1x5UCQpXXXXcOXXXXq6xXFXXXH.jpg
    HTB1x5UCQpXXXXcOXXXXq6xXFXXXH.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 1,034
In my opinion, but I am only a student, Dileep Rajeev, Learning Chinese Characters : An Ideographic Approach can be similar.
More simple the Ollie Guest, Chinese Charactes etymology.
Also Peng Tan Huay, Chen Huoping, Fun With Chinese Characters (3 vol.) is amusing.
There is also a discussion in https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/44854-resources-on-character-etymology/ forum.

There are also sites like http://chinese-characters.org/ , documents like http://nihongo.monash.edu/Etymological_Dictionary_of_Han_Chinese_Characters.pdf and so on.
http://hanziyuan.net/ don't give explanations, because a lot of etymologies in the previus version were false.

It is impossible to indicate the "real" story of a great number of characters: there were a lot of schools before Qin emperor, and- like explain https://www.outlier-linguistics.com/ - there are "strange" illogical changes in the shape's evolution.
After all, the majority of characters have a relevant phonetic part.

So I thinkthat a "picture books dictionary " has didactical goals ("Early Educational textbook Course"), so we can use different books.

P.S. other books:
JIANHSIN WU, The WAY of CHINESE CHARACTERS (The ORIGINS of 670 ESSENTIAL WORDS)

ex1.jpgex2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wan
Good morning, Furio Petrossi 探花 ... Nice to meet you and thanks for the aswer for the question about "3pcs Chinese character picture books dictionary for advanced learning Chinese character hanzi early Educational textbook Course .... excelent the books that you adviced... I see them at internet... I am a beginner Chinese language student and I was surprise about the caracters....but your opinion was very good.... later i will write again telling about notices that I found in my search about tools that turn easy Chinese learning... I think.. there are untill robot talking Chinese and others languages too.... Excuse me for my English errors and for delay to reply this issue...thanks very much..... thanks very much again... If you need something to Brazil, please, send me an e-mail...Newton Schittini nschittini1@gmail.com

Attachments

• 1 chinese fun.JPG
    1 chinese fun.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 531
  • 2 fun.JPG
    2 fun.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 922
Fun With Chinese Characters 1:
Hello! there are 3 books in the series. Also in --> Amazon it is possible to buy books of Tan Huay Peng . In Italy (ex. Amazon.it) there's also Yuan Huaqing , La scrittura cinese. Perhaps in Amazon there are also books in a language you know... (ex. In --> USA Amazon site)

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_092201.jpg
    IMG_20181217_092201.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 1,073
Hello!! Thanks again... as a Professor, when you have e time, would you, please if is it possibel from pinyn we can write caracters and viceversa?.. polease, see the following question ?.... ..

FROM PINYN SOUNS ARE WE ABLE TO WRITE CARACTERS AND FROM CARACTERS ARE WE ABLE TO SPEK THE PINYN?

Good morning, Mr Pietro.Could you see it below and tell me if it is right?

Every beginner student, I believe, wants to know the sounds, how to write, grammar, etc. of a new language.

In the case of Mandarin, will it be that:

1) Is it possible for the writing ideogram from the phonetics of pinyn?

@The Chinese learn that is female and writes

@ The Chinese learn that the person is a person and writes .

In this way, every time he later sees , he will know that the Sound/Pinyn is , and he will write and know that it is something relative to the feminine, as in

(Miss) and then, if he sees if the first radical of a word is , it will always speak (and something else, in this case, shi = ) will be referred to 'lady or miss” , due to nu + shi = will write 女士? …Is it more or less like this? Or is it always like this?

It seems to occur with other piniyn and ideograms .. let's see below?

Girlfriend >>>> 朋友 >>> pengyou Daughter >>> 儿 >>. Nü'er¬

Soprano (woman / female singer) >>>> 高音 >>> gāoyīn

2) Then, the reasoning, inverse will be true / ... for example, of the pinyn the Chinese will write the ideogram? .. will more or less so?

pengyou >>> 朋友 >>>> Girlfriend nü'er¬ >>> 女儿 >> Daughter

nǚgāoyīn (I.e. >>>>> soprano (woman / female singer)

Is it more or even this?

3) So if we learn and decorate major radicals and pinyns, theoretically by addition, will he be able to write and read in Mandarin and vice versa? ... is it correct?

4) If not, could you give an example of two words that are not?..Why?

4) But then to know why is written , is an evolution , another history, isn”t it?... hence the characters are type ideogram, pictographic, etc ..... correct?

Thanhs again. From your student, Newton Schittini

alex_hk90

状元
Hello!! Thanks again... as a Professor, when you have e time, would you, please if is it possibel from pinyn we can write caracters and viceversa?.. polease, see the following question ?.... ..

FROM PINYN SOUNS ARE WE ABLE TO WRITE CARACTERS AND FROM CARACTERS ARE WE ABLE TO SPEK THE PINYN?

This is a massive oversimplification, but generally you can go from a character (hanzi) to the pronunciation (pinyin) but not so easily vice-versa. This is because there are thousands of hanzi for a single character but nowhere near as many pinyin sounds. In practice it's not quite the simple as one character may have multiple pronunciations, and with context (i.e. a sentence of pinyin) you usually would be able to determine the characters (in the same way as a listener is able to meaning of the sentence). But sticking with a single character/pinyin sound I think the approximation of one to many from hanzi to pinyin is not too far off in the majority of cases.

Hello, Furio Petrossi... you are right when you sai"""This is because there are thousands of hanzi for a single character but nowhere near as many pinyin sounds. In practice it's not quite the simple as one character may have multiple pronunciations, and with context (i.e. a sentence of pinyin) you usually would be able to determine the characters (in the same way as a listener is able to meaning of the sentence).""""""..it is true... I am beginner in Chinese ... I am trying to learn like a children do... I bought "Chinese Made Easy For Kids "(textbook and wokbook) to try learning more easy AS YOU CAN SEE AT YOUTUBE(
)..... Now, please, wht do advice for a beginner to leran Chinese?..like children do?... trought pictures books?... What is yourself experience, please?.. Thanks again, Newton

alex_hk90

状元
Hello, Furio Petrossi... you are right when you sai"""This is because there are thousands of hanzi for a single character but nowhere near as many pinyin sounds. In practice it's not quite the simple as one character may have multiple pronunciations, and with context (i.e. a sentence of pinyin) you usually would be able to determine the characters (in the same way as a listener is able to meaning of the sentence).""""""..it is true... I am beginner in Chinese ... I am trying to learn like a children do... I bought "Chinese Made Easy For Kids "(textbook and wokbook) to try learning more easy AS YOU CAN SEE AT YOUTUBE(
)..... Now, please, wht do advice for a beginner to leran Chinese?..like children do?... trought pictures books?... What is yourself experience, please?.. Thanks again, Newton

My experience is probably not that useful for most people as I started my Mandarin Chinese learning by going to China and living and studying Chinese at Beijing for a semester. Personally, I found structured classes combined with daily homework and immersion was the way to do it, but I'm not sure how you could achieve that outside of China.

As I said, I'm very old, but - for chinese language - I'm a student

@The Chinese learn that is female and writes
But, as tell me Pleco, also , , , , ... So when I write in pinyin, I need to choose.

Hou did you write 女? Using a keyboard? I'm using a Microsoft keyboard, (where I can choose the language previously added to my native language).
When I write nv (=nü) a bar appear

IMG_20181218_161320.jpg

is the first because it is the more used word (also by me). So for 女朋友.

If the input is the voice we can use google or bing translate; in Android or IOS also the multi-language keyboard has a voice input.

gtrans.jpg

3) So if we learn and decorate major radicals and pinyns, theoretically by addition, will he be able to write and read in Mandarin and vice versa? ... is it correct? 4) If not, could you give an example of two words that are not?..Why?

Is one of the ways. Not, in general, the native chinese way (they work on radicals after characters, as I know, but I can be wrong), but for not native speakers it is necessary. A good idea is to explore - in Pleco - words characters originated from a radical

rad.jpg

Before pinyin it was necessary to search for radicals and numbers of strokes added to radicals for knowning the meaning of a word.

Last edited: