Lazy User can't find previously most used feature in new vers.3.0

clgworks

Ok, I should have been getting up to speed on all aspects of Pleco, and now on my iPhone there's vers 3.0 all fancy and gussied up. But when I do live or image OCR and then highlight all the the text from the bulletins on my apartment building door what happened to the humor inducing translation service from bing or google that were in the previous versions? (Yes I know they're terrible, but it did keep me from having my utilities disconnected etc)

and I'm lazy because I haven't learned all the jargon surrounding the description of languages and features. I keep looking for a kindergarten teacher here who can help me get started learning to read.

Is is hidden somewhere? discontinued ? coming soon?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We had to remove that feature, but you can copy-and-paste the text into a standalone translator app (Google Translate or one of the many 3rd-party translator apps) to get a translation from that. With the "capture text" and "block recognizer" modes there's a convenient clipboard button to do this without leaving the OCR screen, so given that those apps will let you paste the whole text in rather than having to tediously tap-hold / select a range of text / tap Translate, the overall effort involved should be pretty comparable.