Latest version headaches

jr4

Ever since recently updating, I have this problem where my in-app purchases disappear every few days. Its getting very annoying. I can go in and enter the registration code to re-activate the purchases, but this re-activation only lasts a few days. This is the only app on my phone where the in-app purchases continually disappear, please fix it.

One question, if I make a new purchase on my phone using my newer apple ID, will this new purchase associate with my registration code, which appears to be associated with the purchases associated with my unused apple ID.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jr4 said:
Ever since recently updating, I have this problem where my in-app purchases disappear every few days. Its getting very annoying. I can go in and enter the registration code to re-activate the purchases, but this re-activation only lasts a few days. This is the only app on my phone where the in-app purchases continually disappear, please fix it.

This is actually an iOS bug, relating to the new hardware ID system that they're forcing developers to use as of OS 6. Anyway, we're working with Apple to find / fix it, but in the meantime we've automatically deployed a workaround on our system for almost everyone affected: simply go into the "Add-ons" tab, wait for the file catalog to load, then go into Settings / Registration ID / Clear Registration Data, then "Restore iTunes Purchases" one more time and you should now have it activated in such a way that it won't give you any more problems until we get Apple to fix this bug.

BTW, if you don't mind could you email me (mikelove@pleco.com) the details of your phone / OS / cell carrier and any information you can think of regarding how often the purchases disappear / anything you're doing in between resets (powering your device off / on, switching SIM cards, deleting or installing new apps, etc)? That'll help us in tracking down this bug.

jr4

I've gone ahead and purchased another dictionary, which I think would have been associated with my real Apple ID. Im a bit scared to do the steps you ask me to, in case I loose everything :) Oh well, I'll try it and let you know, and email you through the details.

In short, what is happening is this. I usually only open the dictionary about once per day, about once per week (it seems more often than that though), the search results just return the demo search result text. Copying and pasting my "Registration ID" which I have saved in an easy location for copy and paste fixes it for another week. I almost never turn off my iPhone, so I don't think its related to that, but I can test it also if the above steps don't solve the problem.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jr4 said:
I've gone ahead and purchased another dictionary, which I think would have been associated with my real Apple ID. Im a bit scared to do the steps you ask me to, in case I loose everything :) Oh well, I'll try it and let you know, and email you through the details.

Save your "Registration ID" and you should be fine - you can just enter that and not have to bother with "Restore iTunes Purchases."

Didn't see your other item, sorry:

jr4 said:
One question, if I make a new purchase on my phone using my newer apple ID, will this new purchase associate with my registration code, which appears to be associated with the purchases associated with my unused apple ID.

Yes, it would associate with that code if that code is active on your device at the time that you make it. However, in general we strongly recommend against doing this, since it's possible that Apple might restrict or block the use of systems other than their official one for restoring purchases in the future.

jr4

The above mentioned steps gave me a new "Registration ID", and only restored the one newer dictionary that I have just purchased today.

Clearing the registration data one more time and entering back my original "Registration ID" restored the purchases. Seems I need to use my original "Registration ID" if I want to keep my in-app purchases.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jr4 said:
Clearing the registration data one more time and entering back my original "Registration ID" restored the purchases. Seems I need to use my original "Registration ID" if I want to keep my in-app purchases.

Yes, if you've used multiple iTunes accounts you would need that ID.