iphone update

Hey guys,

I encountered a big problem. I was updating my iphone to the latest software. All my apps were transferred no problem, but pleco doesnt work. I try to tap the pleco app on the display but to no avail.

I had my flashcards backed up, though all the settings regarding how I test myself were such pain to readjust plus had to re-download all the add-ons.

is there anyway next time when my iphone will get updated that everything regarding pleco will be restored exactly as it was before the update?

thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
rainbow676 said:
I encountered a big problem. I was updating my iphone to the latest software. All my apps were transferred no problem, but pleco doesnt work. I try to tap the pleco app on the display but to no avail.

I had my flashcards backed up, though all the settings regarding how I test myself were such pain to readjust plus had to re-download all the add-ons.

is there anyway next time when my iphone will get updated that everything regarding pleco will be restored exactly as it was before the update?

That's odd... any chance Pleco might have been downloaded using a different iTunes account than the one your other apps were downloaded with, perhaps one that your iPhone isn't currently authorized to run content from? Certainly not normal behavior on an update...

mikelove said:
rainbow676 said:

That's odd... any chance Pleco might have been downloaded using a different iTunes account than the one your other apps were downloaded with, perhaps one that your iPhone isn't currently authorized to run content from? Certainly not normal behavior on an update...

well, actually you are right, pleco has been downloaded from a different account. I am using an US account for all the applications. though for some reasons I couldnt active my European credit card on it, so I had to create a different account. I dont understand, though what impact it has on my computer, cause the other account is authorized.

actually I am not the only one to whom something like this has occurred. I have a friend she has pleco too, though she is only using one account for everything. {she has an ipod if it matters} basically the same thing occurred. After the update all the apps were in order, just pleco hasnt been working at all, so she had to painfully reinstall and re-tweak all her personalized settings.

cause I am actually getting a little bit worried about updating my iphone next time...took my 3 hours to reinstall the whole package plus tweak all my flashcards settings.

to be honest though, I gotta say that my iphone is without pleco worthless. this app is the single best thing that I have ever downloaded! thumbs up!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
rainbow676 said:
well, actually you are right, pleco has been downloaded from a different account. I am using an US account for all the applications. though for some reasons I couldnt active my European credit card on it, so I had to create a different account. I dont understand, though what impact it has on my computer, cause the other account is authorized.

Yeah, this is far and away our biggest source of support questions actually - account-related issues with reinstallation. We're hoping that the move to iCloud + computer-less content activation in iOS 5.0 will improve matters somewhat account-juggling-wise, but until then about all we can do is direct people to double-check those iTunes accounts.

rainbow676 said:
cause I am actually getting a little bit worried about updating my iphone next time...took my 3 hours to reinstall the whole package plus tweak all my flashcards settings.

Your flashcard settings should have been backed up via Backup Database / restored via Restore Database; did that not happen in this case? We'd like to make preferences settings backup-able too but it's actually proven rather tricky (there are restrictions on certain settings on certain devices / in conjunction with certain other settings that we have to check and enforce when importing a backup file).

rainbow676 said:
to be honest though, I gotta say that my iphone is without pleco worthless. this app is the single best thing that I have ever downloaded! thumbs up!

Thank you very much!