iphone pleco - landscape mode

stisev

进士
Hi Mike,
Wow, just wow. Excellent work with Pleco (iPhone version). It is simply amazong.

Here are some questions:
1) how does one adjust the "pane" for the middle divider in *LANDSCAPE* (not portrait mode). Doesn't seem draggable. The R pane is very compressed while the left has some extra room to give. (basically< I can't see the list of words compared to the left pane)

2) Does the current price of iPhone app store purchase include future flash cards?

3) Any preview video of the flashcards?

FYI: the keyboard pane for the tones is - FREAKIN AWESOME. Seriously, you read my mind. You are the man, Mike!

Eggwind

举人
I think I can help with the first question - in settings>dictonary>main screen layout try toggling 'narrower' and see if that's better.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Yes, that "narrower" option is currently the only way to resize it - dragging is too dicey / has too much potential to interfere with normal use on a non-stylus-driven device, we think.

2) For the bundles, probably yes, but we're not making free flashcards for bundle buyers an official policy until the flashcard version is actually released; I make it a point never to promise anything when there's even the theoretical possibility that some Apple-approval wackiness might somehow get in the way (however unlikely that may be).

3) Not yet - given that pretty much all the hard work is on the UI side, once we've got flashcards to the point where we can release a preview video they'll be just about ready to launch :)

And thanks! Glad that tone panel is helpful - at some point we'll be adding our own alternative keyboard with a dedicated row of tone buttons on the bottom (in place of most of the spacebar and the symbol / language switch buttons, none of which are necessary when entering Pinyin).