Iphone hatrid

I really hate Iphone. but i want to buy a new phone and I think this app will be one of the major deciding factors. Is the Iphone really that much better for this app. and why. Can I get an android and Iphone comparison

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
scottimandog said:
I really hate Iphone. but i want to buy a new phone and I think this app will be one of the major deciding factors. Is the Iphone really that much better for this app. and why. Can I get an android and Iphone comparison

What specifically would you be using Pleco for? (dictionary lookups, flashcards, document reading, ...?) With a popular / well-designed / not-too-buggy Android phone like the Galaxy S2/S3/Nexus, the experience should be pretty similar - you're mainly missing out on a few iOS-only features like better document reader support for web pages and (soon) EPUB / PDF files. I can't give you a definitive comparison because it's constantly evolving and I wouldn't want to promise that a particular feature will / won't eventually appear on both platforms, but if you strongly prefer Android to iOS in general, then unless there's some particular must-have feature that's only in Pleco on iOS you're probably better off going with Android.

Also, is your preference for Android over iOS related to some particular platform feature (easier installs of unapproved apps, larger screens) or just because you generally dislike Apple / the culture surrounding their products? (both perfectly valid reasons - there are a couple of companies I can't stand either - I'm just curious)

I have been in China for almost two years now, and I can now speak just about every thing that I would need to say. I don't know any technical terms or politics or religion or any thing like that but I can say almost all day to day things. I can also read a bit of Chinese. But sometimes I want to say something that I don't know how. And sometimes I see some Chinese written that I would really like to know what it means, and I cant read it. So With that said I think that the take a picture of Chinese and translate function is number one on my list, the dictionary a close number two, and the flash card would be pretty cool too. What ever the phone costs I'm not too worried about that. I just want a good phone( long lasting battery, touch screen, somewhat durable, able to fit in my pocket and very cool. I haven't had a real smart phone in a while so I don't know what is out there any more. I'm sure they have changed a lot. when I go to the cellphone store, they probably wont speak English so I will need to know, Galaxy S2/S3/Nexus is this Samsung? Is HTC any good with this app. I'm really don't know much any more about these phones. And yes to answer your question I just generally dislike apple and especially the culture around there products.

I prefer the Palm OS Pleco interface to iOS for a number of reasons but the fact my Tungsten and my Pleco-incompatible Android died made me to switch to iPhone.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
LongShiKong said:
I prefer the Palm OS Pleco interface to iOS for a number of reasons but the fact my Tungsten and my Pleco-incompatible Android died made me to switch to iPhone.

What are you still missing in the current interface? Perhaps there's an option to bring back your desired behavior.

Ye Kaiwen

秀才
This may be a bit late for your purposes, but I also live in China and I have a Chinese brand Coolpad Android 4.2 system phone. Pleco photo-OCR works fine on it. The phone itself was only 600 RMB.