Interface questions (also related to android)

Feilian

秀才
Hello,

I have just looked at the screenshots of the android version, and I wanted to know if it was possible in pleco iphone to have like in android the toolbar (def, zi info, stroke, char, word) in the entry screen (I really find this very useful) ?

Another question, is it possible to set the size of the pinyin in the definition screen separetely from the size of the definition itself ?

Thanks a lot,

Christian

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Feilian said:
I have just looked at the screenshots of the android version, and I wanted to know if it was possible in pleco iphone to have like in android the toolbar (def, zi info, stroke, char, word) in the entry screen (I really find this very useful) ?

That should be coming in the big UI redesign; it was much easier on Android since we were able to hide a lot of buttons in the menu and cram all of the ones that needed to be onscreen into a single bar, but on iOS we have to move a lot of things around and eliminate a few of them and that takes a lot more work. I certainly agree it's an improvement over the 字 button approach, though you can actually streamline that a bit if you go into Settings / Dictionary / Entry Display and set "Head tap action" to "Char info" - do that and you'll be taken directly to the stroke order / compounds / etc screen when you tap on a character in the headword.

Feilian said:
Another question, is it possible to set the size of the pinyin in the definition screen separetely from the size of the definition itself ?

Not at the moment, though that should also be coming soon.