Install Pleco on Palm Pre Plus

yijun

I am looking for anyone who knows how to install Pleco onto a palm pre plus. I contacted palm and they said that they do not support 3rd party applications. They especially wont tell me how to do the install. This is probably a simple solution; however, this is a new phone and I would like to hear from someone who has done this already to ensure I dont mess up my phone OS.

yijun

I installed classic on my pre, however, it is only a 7 day free trial. The program is $30 from palm and the classic program keeps crashing my palm. Is there any way to install pleco directly onto my pre plus? Is this something that may be available in the future?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No way to do that now, unfortunately. As far as the future, that depends on Palm/HP - right now, unfortunately, there aren't enough webOS-based devices out there to justify our doing a version of Pleco for them (we're not worried about market share so much, but we do need a certain minimum base of users to sell to), but if thing go well with their upcoming new product launches and a lot more people start carrying around webOS devices we certainly might consider a webOS version then.