Importing flashcards (Palm OS)

I'm using PlecoDict 1.0.3 on a Palm Tungsten E and I am trying to figure out how I can import a flashcard list I created with a unicode text editor. I can't seem to get the file over to the palm device.

Using palm desktop's Quick Installer, I copy the file, ttch8.txt, to the expansion SD card. The application will not let me install the text file to the internal memory. When I start the hotsync operation on the device, the hotsync completes and the Quick Installer shows a yellow triangular sign with an exclamation mark. When I look at the details, it says "There is no application on the organize to handle this file (0x4005)." Using the freeware FileZ app, I checked to see if the file was transferred to the SD card, and sure enough, it was not. Is there another way to store the text file on the SD card or even in the internal memory? Is there a way I can trick the Quick Installer into copying to the SD card or even internal memory?

Also, in the import screen for the flash cards, if I want to import a text file, what do I use for the the file path and the volume? There are no volumes enumerated in the list box. What would the path be for the SD card? /Palm/Expansion?

ipsi

状元
You'll need to either buy a card reader for your computer, or buy one of Card Reader or Card Export for your palm. They both allow you to connect your PDA to the computer and access the SD Card directly. Both programs have 14 day trial versions.

Assuming you put the file in the root directory on the SD Card, the path would be '/example.txt', replacing 'example.txt' with your actual file name.

I'm sure there are some other ways. I think you can import PalmDoc files, which will copy happily to your device. Search for MakeDocW, I think. Not sure if Pleco will read from internal memory or not though.