Import file for flast cards

I have the 3000 most common characters (really 2,432) from this site, http://www.zein.se/patrick/3000char.html, put in to a text file that can be imported in to the flash card session. If anyone is interested in having this file, let me know. I don't if it can be uploaded to the forums or not, but I can email it to you. All you need to do is copy it to your device (I am using a PPC, don't know if it works on others) and then go to flash cards, import, and use the UTF-8 format.

Jon

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for offering this! I don't know if we can post this on our site without the original author's permission, but it should work on Palm as well as on PPC if you copy the files to an SD card (using Card Export, MSMount, Drive Mode or a similar utility) or if you run the file through a PalmDoc converter like MakeDocW.

Lincoln

New Chinese Practical Reader flashcards

Has anyone already prepared flashcard import files for the New Practical Chinese Reader? During 2006 I am most interested in volumes 1 and 2 -- volume 3 in 2007.

Of course, most of the words and phrases already exist somewhere in Pleco Dict, but using those has three disadvantages:
1) Generally the English definitions are too long to serve as an effective learning tool for beginners.
2) The actual phrase needed may be buried in the middle of a Pleco Dict headword entry.
3) There is the minor inconvenience of having to locate the Hanzi in Pleco Dict and click the ? icon to store it into the flashcard list for the appropriate lesson.

Thanks in advance,

I have two versions of the 3000 most common characters. One is the characters only, which means that the definition will be retrieved from whatever dictionary you are using. The second version contains the character and the definition from the site. This can be useful because many times there are multiple definitions for single characters, and the flashcard program will not display multiple defs if using its own dictionary.

lmcjipo

榜眼
jonhargett said:
I have two versions of the 3000 most common characters. One is the characters only, which means that the definition will be retrieved from whatever dictionary you are using. The second version contains the character and the definition from the site. This can be useful because many times there are multiple definitions for single characters, and the flashcard program will not display multiple defs if using its own dictionary.

Jon: Thanks for the 2 flashcard lists. I haven't imported them yet since I'm busy working on a custom flashcard list based on the "Integrated Chinese Level 1 - Part 1" textbook.

At first I used the definitions supplied by one of the various PlecoDict dictionaries that I bought (or that were free). However, when using the flashcards, it was difficult for me to get the correct answers since the definitions from my textbook were slightly different from what was supplied by the dictionaries and I was studying based on the definitions from my textbook. The definitions from the textbook are also what I'm tested on in my Mandarin class.

sharifdu

hi jonhargett,
thanks for ur contribution.
can u send me the flashcards of 3000 common word that can be added to pleco.
looking forward to hearing from u.
my mail id is sharifdu@msn.com
thanks