HTC HD2

kkloh

Shadowdh said:
Ok tried the IA and found a problem... has something to do with the way things are accessed via the header bar... when I select text in a document then touch the top bar to access the IA there is a screen that comes up with a list of things you can use (comms manager, battery etc) and it has IA in the list but says that Pleco is not running and when I press on it Pleco starts but IA doesnt show any pop up or definitions... so looks like the HD2 has issues with IA... for now...

Hi Shadowdh, many thanks for your effort.

Hi Mike, please suggest a work-around for this problem. Thanks.

kkloh

mfcb

状元
hi, my suggestions for possible work-arounds:

either you define one of the hardware buttons to run IA (dont know if the HD2 has any, that can be defined to run an arbitrary program)

or

you buy FTouchSL (or similar software) with which i could define active corners on my touch-screen, one of them (bottom right) i use to start IA... very useful tool, even development seems to have stopped... still runs perfectly on WM6.5.5

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Those should both work, I think. Unfortunately, we haven't yet found a way to insert a working IA icon in the HD2's header bar, so separate application launchers are your best bet.

kkloh

mfcb said:

either you define one of the hardware buttons to run IA (dont know if the HD2 has any, that can be defined to run an arbitrary program)

or

you buy FTouchSL (or similar software) with which i could define active corners on my touch-screen, one of them (bottom right) i use to start IA... very useful tool, even development seems to have stopped... still runs perfectly on WM6.5.5

Hi mfcb

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. To start IA using FTouchSL, which file/program of Pleco should I assign to be launched by touching a corner? Would this procedure start another instance of Pleco? Please advise again.

kkloh

mfcb

状元
i configured it to start "\Program Files\Pleco\PlecoLaunch.exe" without any parameters at the lower right active corner. works pretty perfect for me. when i select some chinese words (sometimes need to copy to clipboard first) it either shows the IA popup or directly switches into pleco reader if its more than 8 characters...
no need to worry about pleco already running or not yet running, this is handled by plecolaunch as far as i understand it... you never have more than 1 instance of pleco running. but that also means, it cant enter into the reader, when you have the flashcards open...

could be, that you did not install "plecolaunch.exe". if its not existing in your program files, then just look for the plecolaunch.cab file that came with the pleco-setup (or zip) with version 2.0.3 and install that by just clicking it

kkloh

mfcb said:
i configured it to start "\Program Files\Pleco\PlecoLaunch.exe" without any parameters at the lower right active corner. works pretty perfect for me. when i select some chinese words (sometimes need to copy to clipboard first) it either shows the IA popup or directly switches into pleco reader if its more than 8 characters...
no need to worry about pleco already running or not yet running, this is handled by plecolaunch as far as i understand it... you never have more than 1 instance of pleco running. but that also means, it cant enter into the reader, when you have the flashcards open...

could be, that you did not install "plecolaunch.exe". if its not existing in your program files, then just look for the plecolaunch.cab file that came with the pleco-setup (or zip) with version 2.0.3 and install that by just clicking it

Noted, many thanks.

Shadowdh

状元
mfcb said:

or

Thanks for your tips... I have ae button + which would do the trick nicely... and will also look up the other app you mention... great stuff mate... :D

*edit*... just a further to the previous post, I have since remapped my windows button to open Pleco launch and it brings up the defnitions fine... many thanks for the tip again...

Shadowdh

状元
Ok a bit of an update for those with the HD2 and having problems with pleco's IA feature... there is a fix that enables the use of the normal task bar and thus when you click on the pleco icon it brings up the definition box... using a reg editor Under HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER find a value called "DLL" and delete or rename it to some other name. Reboot the device. (found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=660015) doing this I dont have to use the map pleco lauch to a button fix given above (which also works brilliantly...)