HTC / Dopod / O2 Diamond

Its encouraging to read such positive reviews from real users because nearly all of the Diamond reviews I've read on the net have rated it distinctly average - enough to put me off buying it.

I think I will wait for a Diamond with a proper headphone jack, though... and maybe expandable memory.

Oh and dual boot Android/WM :)

Mao Zhou

秀才
Well, you can buy a dongle that plugs in and allows you to use several different types of headsets,
( I use a Shure set that I bought for my iPod,) as well and continue to use the USB Charging capability.

As far as expandable memory, well I just don't use that many apps to warrant it. I have a limited number
of mp3's that I carry and I copy all my pics to my laptop once a week.

I bought a sort of a neoprene sock in Beijing for 20rmb that keeps it pristine. When I need to set it on the
table I set it on the sock and its not so tipsy. Sock even says HTC Diamond.

Someone please explain to me why I would want my phone to be a wireless internet access point.

Cheers,
joe

renovator

榜眼
Mao Zhou said:
Someone please explain to me why I would want my phone to be a wireless internet access point.

Cheers,
joe

In case you need a wifi modem (your phone) for a computer that does not have it's own internet access. Quicker than bluetooth.

ldolse

状元
Most ROM changes on Windows Mobile devices will change your device ID, but that isn't always the case. Best way to avoid the hassle is to license based on your SD card.

ldolse said:
Most ROM changes on Windows Mobile devices will change your device ID, but that isn't always the case. Best way to avoid the hassle is to license based on your SD card.

Mate, what are you writing? The HTC Touch Diamond has only internal memory and no SD card!

Anyway, I updated my ROM from 1.93 to 2.03 . Operation now is a little faster and much smoother. I had no errors the last 10 days. Finger scrolling works better too.

When you upgrade the ROM please note:

All programs in Internal Storage will stay there!
So Pleco will stay there too, but you have to find the icon to start and maybe re-install.
Device ID will stay the same. I did have put in the keyfile.

If you have Diamond with 1.93 ROM you should really get 2.03. It's way better.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The Diamond only has internal memory, but it actually emulates an SD card for copy-protection purposes - if you go to the Ordering screen you should see a "Card ID" button there. While it won't allow you to move the software around to other handhelds like a regular Card ID, that ID may be less likely to change than the serial-number-based System ID.