HSK Dictionary

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
Any chance of getting "A Chinese-English Dictionary - A Basic Dictionary for Chinese Language Learning" this dictionary onto Pleco?

Sure, we actually just made contact with that publisher for another reason (they've got a rather nice Chinese-German dictionary) so we can consider bringing this one up too. We'd have to look at it more thoroughly first, though - I'm wondering whether they might have a new edition in the works that's updated for the new HSK vocabulary lists.

skripp

举人
I think I'll hijack this topic instead of starting a new one.

Is there any chance of seeing a Chinese-Swedish dictonary in pleco? Norstedts is releasing one soon (isbn: 9789113022925), but they already have their other dictonaries on the market.

There is another respectable one already on the market (a big black book), but I really can't remember the name of it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
skripp said:
Is there any chance of seeing a Chinese-Swedish dictonary in pleco? Norstedts is releasing one soon (isbn: 9789113022925), but they already have their other dictonaries on the market.

Possibly - I think it depends on how sales go for our Chinese-German and Chinese-French titles once we get those licensed and released. Sales-wise, Germany, Switzerland, and France are our three biggest non-English-or-Chinese-speaking countries (actually France is a bit behind Thailand, but Chinese-to-Thai dictionaries are sadly much scarcer than Chinese-to-French ones), so those are logical places to try this first, but Sweden's also in the top 10, so Swedish would certainly be a language to look at in a second round of non-English licenses assuming sales look good from the first round.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mnanon said:
What about Chinese-Spanish?

We're making inquiries - not quite as many of them out there as for German and French, but certainly an enormous potential market.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
What about Chinese-Klingon?

Certainly a possibility, but I think it would make more sense to wait and see what gets announced at the upcoming Khitomer conference - it may be that the Federation will release their own free Chinese-Klingon dictionary app, in which case it would be difficult to justify doing a paid / licensed Pleco one.

Alexis

状元
mikelove said:
Alexis said:
What about Chinese-Klingon?

Certainly a possibility, but I think it would make more sense to wait and see what gets announced at the upcoming Khitomer conference - it may be that the Federation will release their own free Chinese-Klingon dictionary app, in which case it would be difficult to justify doing a paid / licensed Pleco one.

jaghmeylI' DaghIjjaj qetjaj jaghmeylI!