How to set scoring for SRS? Standard frequency is too infrequent.

larrybills

举人
I apologize for the basic question but I'm extremely confused by the SRS system and am not sure which options to fiddle with.

I'm trying to set up the scoring under tweak parameters but haven't yet found a simple explanation that shows how the algorithm works. As it is now, I don't find the reviews come up frequently enough.

Can anyone give me a rough guide so I can create the following interval for learning cards? (Ultimately, I don't care if it matches exactly, just sort of roughly.)
Assuming all correct answers, I'd like a review of [word x] that's something like:
day 1,
day 2,
day 5,
day 10,
day 20
day 40
etc, etc.

A wrong answer should take me back to day 1.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

larrybills

举人
Play with the settings, then go back and reread those sections. There are so many options and the text so information dense, that it took me quite a while to (partially) figure it out for what I wanted.

Thanks for your note. I'm reviewing these and my trouble is I still can't figure out which direction to 'turn the knob' if you will. Frankly, I don't understand how the following all work together:
Points per day
minimum score
minimum easiness

My reviews are so infrequent right now and I can't figure out how to increase the frequency. Do you know what the default review cycle would look like for a card? It seems like it doesn't show you a card for at least a week if you have answered correctly the first time.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For that you'd want to adjust the 'easiness divisor' to something higher - say 50 (from its default of 40); the card's interval increases by (easiness / that), with easiness defaulting to 100, so with that setting it would increase by 2x instead of 2.5x (which looks like about what you want).

larrybills

举人
For that you'd want to adjust the 'easiness divisor' to something higher - say 50 (from its default of 40); the card's interval increases by (easiness / that), with easiness defaulting to 100, so with that setting it would increase by 2x instead of 2.5x (which looks like about what you want).

Thanks for responding. Can you give me a super quick overview on what the SRS metaphor is? I've read the FAQ backwards and forwards but some of the notations are recursive (like maximum easiness adjusts the maximum easiness of the card.)

So, how does the system show a card? What do the following refer to?
Points per day
minimum score
minimum easiness

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that; “easiness” is defined earlier in the guide, basically it determines how much we increase the card’s interval by on a correct answer.

Points per day - the number we divide the card’s score by to get its interval.

Minimum score - the lowest possible score (= interval).